Chapter 2

The bell rang when you opened the door of the Mondstadt boutique. A man with round glasses slightly bigger than his face overlooked you over a hanger filled with different types of dresses. "In a minute Darling!" He shouted at you. You peeked at the dresses that hanged near the entrance. they were all very pretty but too embellished for the occasion. "Ah, here I am! Welcome Darling. I'm Thomas, the designer and owner of the best boutique in Mondstadt. Now, tell me about yourself beautiful; What kind of dress are you looking for? going to a ball? Running through the fields? Going to your debut as the next teyvat idol?" You looked at him with a poker face. "That's... oddly specific..., but no. I'm looking for a dress for a, um... I'm going to see my possible husband for the first time." Thomas shook his head from shock of the information you had just disclosed to him. "Oh honey do you need help? Do I need to call the knights of favonius?" He grabbed you by the shoulders. You laughed and put your hands on top of his who were still at your shoulders. "No, I'm good hahaha! I'm well aware of what I agreed to. But do you by any chance have anything that's simple and sexy? But not boobs, ass and thighs out; like, modest sexy? I just don't feel comfortable showing myself like that to someone I don't even know yet." Thomas gave a thoughtful sigh and squinted his eyes as he looked around the boutique. "Let me see... Do you have any color you had in mind?" "Black or dark red." he grabbed your wrist and took you to the racks that had all the darker dresses. You began looking through the rack. Too much glitter, too opened, too transparent, too low, too short... "Wait..." you picked out a dress. It was a black, slightly glittery dress. It had and off the shoulder neckline. It wasn't transparent but it was tight to your figure, making you look modest but sexy. In addition. it had a slit on the leg that wasn't too big, just perfect. "I want to try this one on!" Thomas took the dress from you and inspected it making sure that it had no loose strings. "Alright, you can try it on in that room over there" He pointed to a room with a curtain as a door. "And don't forget to come out too look at you my love!" 

"Oh. My. god. Sweetheart, I think this man is going to be more than your husband when he sees you in this dress! You look stunning! Modest, but still so hot!" Thomas was jumping from excitement, pleased to see that his dress was such a good fit for you. You were happy about the dress  too. It was just what you had in mind. The way it fitted you felt like it was meant for you and nobody else. "I'll take it!" Thomas went to check the tag so you could pay him. "that'll be ten thousand mora!" You looked stunned. "Oh... I only have enough for nine thousand..." "Then nine thousand it is. Don't worry about it sweetheart. I know how hard an arranged marriage must be for you so I'll help you with the price. Just don't tell anybody about this alright?" he winked with a smile. "Oh, Thomas! Thank you!" your face lit up. "Are you sure?" you double asked him. "Oh yes honey! You see, I too went through the whole arranged marriage thing. My parents wanted me to marry this girl that would give loads of mora to my family but I wasn't interested in her. Her brother however... my, what a juicy man." He chuckled as he remembered the man he used to like. "But that was long ago, I stopped talking to my family after that and I made a name for myself designing dresses! And I have plenty of men who want to be with me now but I kinda like the single life a bit too much you know?" he smiled scrunching his nose. "You're amazing Thomas. And I'm glad you found your happy place, my name is (y/n). If you ever need someone to talk to."

He put his hand on his chest. "The (y/n) Nachtnebel? Oh my! you're a clan daughter! no wonder hahaha. Well, I hope you enjoy your dress and I hope that man you're marrying treats you like the gem you are alright? If not you know I can call the knights of favonius in a heartbeat!" You both chuckled and waved good bye. You left with your new dress in a bag with the boutique's name on it. The dress made you excited to meet Diluc. Maybe this won't be so bad after all.

---

"Father, I'm home!" the door creaked behind you. Your father was cooking dinner when you arrived. The sweet aroma was all over the house, you could tell he was making a sweet madame dish.  "Oh, this smells wonderful! Is it done already?" "Almost! Almost! Hey, is that the dress you're wearing tomorrow?" Gregor tried peeking at the bag from the boutique. "Ah! You can't see it until tomorrow. It's a surprise! But trust me it looks so good! I bought it at Norman's boutique, he told me not to tell anyone but he actually lowered the price of the dress so I could have it! Isn't that so nice?" You blushed remembering how you looked like wearing the new dress. Your father agreed and accepted he would have to wait to see you with it. You went upstairs and took the dress out of the bag. It made your eyes twinkle just like they did when you first saw it at the boutique. You carefully put it in a hanger with a bag on top of it so It wouldn't catch dust or a weird smell. You laid on your bed facing the ceiling, wondering and getting anxious for tomorrow. You couldn't believe it still, it was so surreal. your entire life will change after tomorrow, and you were still so young, you thought. But sometimes, life has other plans for us instead of the one we wanted for ourselves. A knock at your bedroom door was heard. It was your best friend, Christina! "Oh my god, Chris what are you doing here? I thought you were in Liyue!" You hugged her. "Yeah, I WAS. hehehe!' She said sarcastically. "Well how are you? how was the trip? Did you see Yun Jin and Xinyan's show?" Christina sat down next to you in the bed. "Girl! I saw both of them, AND I also got to talk to them and I told them about how I want to pursue music as well and, oh my GOSH, they gave me some contacts and tips so I can reach my goal AHH! Isn't that amazing?" Chris dangled her feet in excitement. "That's so cool Chris! I can't wait to visit you on a big stage and be like, excuse me, I'm her best friend hahaha!" You both laughed and fiddled your fingers together. "And what about you (y/n)? What have you been doing these days?"