Chapter 4

"(Y/N)!! OPEN UP!!" Christina yelled and banged on your house's door. "Coming!" you yelled, to Christina, your scream was muffled. "Sigh... I'm not getting any younger, girl!!!" Finally, you opened the door. Christina quickly jumped to give you a hug and a kiss on your cheek. "There's my best friend!" both of you walked inside your home. Christina took off her coat and hanged it on top of a chair next to the door. She looked at you with a smile that almost touched her eyeballs. "SOOOO..." She raised her eyebrows repeatedly. "Shhh, come on, let's go upstairs. I have a lot to tell you about yesterday." Christina giggled and followed you to your room. She was met by many boxes filled with all your belongings. "I guess this is a context clue to how yesterday went." Christina covered her eyes and tippy tapped with happiness. "YOURE MOVING TO THE DAWN WINERY?? HE SAID YES?" you laughed and hugged her, saying yes. "I'm moving with him because he said he wants to get to know me before the deal is sealed. We agreed that if it didn't seemed to be working out the deal would be called off but girl, I didn't think you were for real when you said this man is HOT."

"I TOLD YOU! why would I lie?" you smiled sarcastically at her, thinking about her questionable taste in men. "ohh, nothing. Anyways, Chris, this man is such a gentleman. When we were discussing the marriage, he would not answer without looking at me, like as if he was asking for my approval. Do you know how rare that is? Specially from someone so rich." Christina was helping you pack since you were in the middle of that when she arrived. "And when are you moving in with him? When is the wedding?" she folded a shirt. "I'm moving tomorrow, the wedding is in two weeks or so. It will be simple since it's so sudden."

"you mean simple rich or simple simple?" she squinted her eyes with a smile. "well, most likely simple rich, he instantly sent one of his maids to get 50 invites" you widened your eyes. Suddenly you sat down in your bed, which only had the flat sheet on. "you know Chris, this is all so sudden. I'm still not quite processing it. Me, marrying Diluc Ragnvindr, that's crazy! I've always been so isolated ever since my mother died. I'm ever so thankful my father has let me keep this friendship with you. I don't know... what if I'm not what he wants? What if I'm not enough?"

"(y/n)! yes you are! He's going to love you and get to know all the amazing things I know about you, and more." She giggled. "you are a beautiful and happy woman, to be honest, you are just what he needs. I've heard he became an orphan as a young lad, ever since then, he grew cold and distant from the world. So maybe, you'll bring out a happier side to him. Just like you do to me and your father and your mother." You both hugged and laughed softly. "And this, is why you're my best friend Chris."

---

"Echo!-echo-echo..." Chris shouted in your room as you closed the last box of belongings.

Your father peeked in your room. "Oh! hello ladies! I see you girls are finished, should I call the carriage man to come pick these up?" You nodded in agreement. "Alright sweetheart, I'll call him right up."

"Hey (y/n), how about you come with me to the Angel's share tonight?"
Is Chris crazy?
"Chris, you know I don't drink. I don't think I'll have fun." You sighed followed by a subtle eye roll. "Oh come on! You've never even tried alcohol. Please just this one night! We won't be living this close in two days!" She gave you puppy eyes. "You're such a manipulator... FINE! I'll go." Chris jumped to hug you. "But you pay!" You squinted your eyes. "It's on me, Lady Ragnvindr." She bowed.

---
"Are you ready?" Chris looked at you. "Wait, what if Diluc is in tonight?" Christina sighed in annoyance and peaked through the window. "Girl, he's not there, no excuses, come on!" She grabbed your hand and pulled you inside. The potent smell of fruits and alcohol slapped your face. And the chatter of men drowned your ears. Chris sat down in a stool right in front of the bartender, and tapped the chair next to her, signaling you to sit.
"Hiya, Chris! Haven't seen you in a while, same ol' same ol'?"
"Oh! You know me so well! Yes! Oh, and get me a valberry mix for my friend."
"Sure can, Chris!"
The bartender quickly began tossing and pouring drinks and cups around.
"You're gonna like what I got you, i know you like valberries and you can hardly taste alcohol in that drink." Chris patted your thigh.

You looked around the tavern and saw quite a few familiar faces, mostly friends of your father. They all seemed to have blended blush in their faces, but it was merely the effects of alcohol. The tables in the corner were the loudest, singing and even dancing in such a cramped space. One of the ladies was so drunk she began lifting her skirt quickly to let the men see her undergarments for a few seconds. 

"Here ye' go, Chris. A usual and a Valberry mix." he slid the cups on the counter towards us. "Thank you!" Chris didn't hesitate and quickly began drinking her concoction. You picked up the cup and gave it a whirl, seeing the ice and small chunks of valberry move in circular motion. You took a sip of the mixture and loudly moaned in amazement. "Chris, this is soo good!" You continued drinking as if it was simply juice. "Woah there my Lady, I know the taste can be deceiving but go slowly. We don't want you lifting skirts in here" Both of you chuckled. The time went fast and both Christ and you were entertained by a couple independent bards that came in to serenate the tavern. In a few blinks, you were closer to the bards. A few blinks more and you were singing and dancing, a bit of blush was starting to arise in your cheeks. Chris was also under the effects but a little less than you. 

A clink came from the hanging door bell, but you paid no attention to it. You and a young man dressed in green with a lyre sang and sang. Chris clapped from a chair right in front of the designated singing stadium. Everything started to become a blur, colors began merging with one another and faces were no longer recognizable, only prominent features. 

"Oh no." Chris rubbed her fists on her eyes. "(y/n), we have to go."

"Are you crazyy? Come join me Chrissy Chris!" You started twirling and dancing, even though drunk, you still kept a weird class in your dancing. You twirled and twirled until you bumped into a tall splotch of black and gold, with burning red at the top. Just like a gothic candle. Your vision finally focused enough to know who you had just bumped into. "Oh Barbatos..." you fell like a couple of bricks. Chris was still sober enough to apologize about you to the gothic candle but he didn't seemed bothered. "It's fine, I'll take care of her until she's well. No need to apologize." He said with a bit of grain in his voice. "Sir, I mean it I'm so very sorry! She didn't want to drink I told her I would get her a drink that wouldn't taste like alcohol and she liked it and I wasn't aware of how many she drank-!" He placed his hand in her shoulder, with the other he was holding onto you. "It's alright, everyone has a first time. She was just lucky I was here to help. I'll tell one of the bartenders to accompany you back home so I know you too arrived safe to your home." Chris bowed and gave thanks a little over six times more. 

Diluc carried you in his arms all the way to the dawn winery. Truly, you didn't know how he did it and why. He could've easily called a carriage but no, he walked with you in his arms. He admired the faint freckles in your face, but he had to look away from time to time because the warmth from your skin would make his eyes tear. Upon arriving to the Dawn winery, Diluc called the maids and ordered them to clean you off and make you comfortable. Normally, he would pay a maid double to stay overnight in your room and watch you, but he decided to do it himself. 

"Master, The lady is in the guest room,  she hasn't awaken but her fever has gone down." Diluc gave thanks to the three maids who tend to you and walked into your room. He didn't even make himself comfortable, just as he arrived, he sat in a chair inside your room and dozed off. 

---

A sudden feeling of horses running up from your stomach to your esophagus and out your mouth. Your eyes widen and quickly closed like if you had been impaled. You threw up directly into a bucket Diluc was holding, it was like he knew exactly when you would regurgitate. His hands gently caressed your head and shushed you like a newborn. You were still shaken and hadn't realized where you were. Until you looked up and right in your face was the man who you had been engaged to. You gave a jump back and landed in the middle of the bed. "Oh my Barbatos, Oh my Barbatos..." You thought he would apprehend you but he chuckled. "It's okay, you're okay. Don't be embarrassed, happens to the best of us." 

"I-I don't drink-" He interrupted. "I know. Your friend explained everything to me, she's alright. I asked one of the bartenders I trust to help her back home and he let me know she's home safely." You sigh in relief. "I've also made sure to tell your father you stayed the night and that you are safe." You blushed. The thought of what would your father think of the entire situation played back and back in your head, so many different outcomes. 

"Come on, (y/n) let's get you back home." You nodded in agreement. He extended his hand to help you out of the bed and you took it with no hesitation.