Chapter 3

Low, relaxing music played on a record player near the table you were all heading to. You couldn't help but look at Diluc's hand as it held yours. It felt comforting how he held you. The mansion seemed even bigger from the inside. The open kitchen, the lounging area with tons of books, the brick fire place that cackled in the background. And let's not forget about the grand staircase that led to the second floor.

"Here we are." Diluc stopped in front of the table, next to the chair you would sit in. "Shall we give an overview of what we talked about a few days ago, Gregor?" Diluc asked signaling him to sit down. "Of course! Oh, darling, will you mind waiting by the lounge, surely this will be boring to you—" he was cut off. "Actually, I would appreciate her being present. After all this is a talk about our potential marriage. Marriages consist of two people, not just one. So please, stay." Diluc pulled the chair back, giving you space to sit down. "Of course, thank you."

Your father began giving a brief summary of the arrangements, to which most Diluc had to problem with. You thought to yourself. Why isn't he being picky? Why is he just accepting that this proposal is mostly about mora and not love? It was truly surreal how willing he was to make this arranged marriage happen. However, something you picked up on was that Diluc would look at your approval before approving himself. He wasn't arrogant, or at least, he seemed. After your father was done with all the bullet points in his list of needs and requirements, Gregor seemed happy, he too was surprised and filled with joy to see that Diluc was hardly objecting.
"Gregor these details are nothing that I can't fulfill. Your daughter is a treasure to you and I am honored to be chosen as a sharer. However, like any arrangement, both sides must require some type of... gaining, if you will." You looked at Diluc and then your father, connecting views between the two. "Of course, name them and I will see."
Diluc scratched his throat and gently placed his two hands on the table, glancing at you. "It's nothing impossible. You see, I understand this arrangement is mostly about your need for money."
Oh no. He caught us.
"Nevertheless, an arranged marriage consists of two people. I won't be really losing anything with this proposal but I do have an imperative request." Diluc looked at you as if your father wasn't present in the room, his gaze became cold and almost distant. "I don't want to marry someone who will not put in the effort to at least love me and treat me as a husband." Your father squeezed your hand under the table as he noticed you were nervous, slightly intimidated.
"With that being said, I will accept this marriage proposal but you, (y/n), must promise you will put in the effort to be a wife just as much as I will to be a husband. If, I don't think we are a match, I will call the proposal off. Have we got a deal, Ms and Mr Nachtnebel?" He extended his hand towards you.
"Yes, I couldn't agree more with you." You placed your hand on top of his and he gently took it to his face and kissed your hand. You blushed and smiled. Your father laughed in excitement as he witness the beginning of good things in all of y'alls life's.
The maids that stood near brought wine and grape juice in celebration of the new marriage plans. They all congratulated you with a smile on their faces. The mansion went from feeling empty to full, even if there was the same amount of people as earlier. Diluc served himself some grape juice, meanwhile everyone else was being served the wine. "Would you like some wine Ms Nachtnebel?" They politely asked. "Oh, no. Than you, but I don't drink." Diluc's face seemed as if a fire quickly lit up inside when he heard you say that. "You could have grape juice, I personally picked these out." You said yes, he grabbed your cup and poured some of the juice onto your glass. You could tell it was high quality from the thickness and color of it. "Oh wow." You said when you sipped it. Diluc giggled. "This is really good! You picked these?" "Yes, I did." You looked at him in disbelief. "One by one?" He laughed. "Yes, one by one. It's quite relaxing really. Maybe we can pick them out together when they grow again." He put his hand on top of yours, gently squeezing it. Your face turned into a burning fireplace, this man, he was so charming without even trying. Unbelievable. Most of your life you were sheltered from meeting people let alone men so you've never really had an experience like this. It made your heart accelerate but in a good way.
"Oh, so Diluc, how soon can the marriage be done?" Your father said as he sipped on his wine. "Well, the soonest it can be done is in two weeks, is that inside the time frame the man gave you?" He said yes. "Good, because I want it to be a pretty wedding, simple yet grand. Hillie, send an invoice to the Mondstadt printing shop of about 100 invitations to our wedding. In about two weeks time, preferably in the afternoon." You choked on your juice. "100 invitations?" He laughed. "It's just a precautionary measure, I doubt more than 50 will attend. I'll also be giving you an open mora statement for your wedding dress, pick what you like and feel most beautiful in. Don't worry about the price. Soon we'll have a more, in depth talk about what we want in our wedding, does that sound good?" You said yes. The talk was interrupted by a grand clock ringing loudly as it ticked 9pm. "Oh my! Well, we will be heading our way. Diluc, a pleasure to make this arrangement with you. I am extremely pleased." Gregor asserted as he put his hand on Diluc's shoulder with a wholesome smile. "Of course, Gregor. Although, I would appreciate that (y/n) moves into the dawn winery as soon as possible. She will be my wife after all, I would want to get to know her as soon as possible." You picked yourself up from the chair. "Of course, I'll have my stuff packed within tomorrow and the next day." You smiled confidently. Your father was astonished with the confidence.
Diluc walked towards you, looking at your eyes and nowhere else. He grabbed both of your hands. "Perfect, (y/n)."

After a few short conversations on the way to the carriage, you were finally on your way back home along your dad. Both of you spoke on how well the reunion went. "Father, I think this will be a really good thing for us." You and Gregor smiled and continued to talk all the way home.