Chapter 5

"Uhhh... so basically you got drunk and fainted in front of Diluc?" You nodded. 

After yesterday's eventful evening, Diluc took you back to your house back in Mondstadt. Your father wasn't mad, actually he looked as if he was holding his laughter. Diluc and him exchanged way too many looks. It almost felt like they had some sick inside joke you weren't a part of. "That's.. fine. It happened to me and your mother and I'm sure Diluc as well the first time we had alcohol."

"You're correct, Sir Gregor." Diluc added.

"Oh please, call me Gregor. None of those titles are appropriate considering we're almost family." Your father chuckled and Diluc followed. You were there sitting in a chair still embarrassed. "I'm surprised you youngsters came here, after all today is the day my princess moves to your estate." 

"I wanted to bring her back so she can pack and come prepare. I'll get going, I have a few things to do in the city in regards to the wedding" he placed his hand on your head, gently but swiftly caressing you as he said good bye to your father and you. You turned around and looked up to his burning eyes and waved good bye. 

The second Diluc closed the door you quickly turned around to face your father. "Father I— I'm sorry. I know that what I did wasn't that of a lady and—"

Your father interrupted you with a hug and then hysterical laughter. "Oh my princess, lighten up. You are still so young this is normal for you to do healthy even! Although next time watch how many drinks you've had, sweetness always bites back eh?" He laughs. 

"Thank you, father. Have you heard from Chris?" 

"Ah yes, she came by early in the morning asking for you, told her you were fine and that you may come back later to say good bye." He folded one of your dresses into your suitcase. You nodded and carefully placed the last of your vanity belongings in a box so they wouldn't shatter or break during the way to the Dawn Winery.

---

The horses' galloping was getting closer and closer, Christina and your father, alongside a few maids waited besides you for it to arrive.
"Oh come visit me when you can! I know it's an hour walk from here back to the Dawn Winery but a little exercise is good." Christina had you plastered to herself, she didn't want to let you go. "Well then, i guess you won't have a problem with the hour walk then? Sense it does you good right?" You winked and both of you laughed.

"ladies." Gregor cleared his throat as he signaled that the carriage was finally here. the two men sitting beside the one controlling the horses got off the carriage and began to grab your bags and put them in the carriage's trunk. You stood in the middle, with Christina to your left and your father to your right. Christina couldn't stop fidgeting with your hand, and she was having trouble controlling her smile. Finally, once all your bags were packed, one of the men opened the carriage's door and signaled Diluc to come out. The first thing you saw were wisps of his red hair peeking out, then his black boots, the noise of his small chains, the tassels around his suit, and then, Diluc and you met eyes. Of course, you blushed and smiled, you were so nervous even though you had seen him in the morning; even though you had thrown up in his guest room this morning. 

"Evening. Gregor, Christina, Y/n." He shook your father's hand and bowed a bit in front of Christina. Then, grabbed your hand and gave it the most gentle kiss.

"Now, I know I'm not a classy girl or clan successor but-" Christina raised her pointed finger. "I will tell you, Mr. Diluc of Mondstadt, to treat my best friend who I consider my dearest sister, like the absolute princess she is." she paused and looked around. "With all due respect, of course." 

Diluc chuckled and agreed with his head. "Do not worry, I will take excellent care." 

"Now, shall we go, y/n?" He extended his hand towards you. You smiled and turned to your right to give your father a big hug, then to your left to hug Christina as well. 

"Yes, we shall." you took his hand and he pulled you towards him. Your face got all red, flustered by how close the two of you were as you got inside the carriage. Diluc sat in front of you, and before one of the men closed the door, you gave one last wave and smile to your father and Chris. 

The horses began walking and so the journey to your new home had begun. "are you comfortable?" diluc asked. "uh- yes, I am. Thank you." you smiled. 

"Are you feeling better from this morning?" He brought up that embarrassing situation you were almost about to forget. "oh. yes, I am all better. Sorry for the trouble and sorry for-" he shushed, bringing his pointer finger to his mouth. 

"You are okay, you seriously don't need to apologize for that." his gaze soften, along with his smile. You nervously began tapping the chair with the tips of your fingers. Diluc's eyes fixated on them and noticed your purity ring. "I haven't seen those in quite a while."

"Seen what?" you asked. "The ring, it's a purity ring, correct? That opal is the one used for those." You blushed, you've never talked about *that* with a man. 

"Yes, it is. It was my mom's and it was passed down to me when I turned 15." You played with it, looking at the hints of color in it. He laughed through his nose. "You don't have to answer if you do not want to." You looked at him, already knowing what kind of conversation this ring had sparked. 

"Is it only sentimental or does it reflect you as well?" You blushed and looked down. You couldn't believe what he was asking at a moment like this.

"It doesn't matter to me, I'm just curious. People don't really use them anymore, that's all." he leaned his head back, stretching his back. 

"Both." you corrected your posture and placed you hands in your thighs. "It means both." 

He straighten his neck and looked at you. His eyes seemed a darker red now, and he was... sigh, manspreading. Slowly melting on the chair, was he tired? "huh. Good girl, I see." he chuckled.

Where could you hide the amount of redness in your face, how much longer till you could lock yourself in a room and hide away from embarrassment? Suddenly, the path noise from the galloping of the horse changed to a rockier surface, meaning we were already here. 

Diluc opened a small clock he had dangling from his many chains. "We're here."

---

Author's note:

Hi!! Sorry for the shorter chapter, I'm still figuring out how to organize my ideas for this fanfiction. Hope you guys enjoyed though! 

and yea, Diluc was hornee, but even so he kept his composure.