His New Years Resolution

A/N: I HAVE RETURNED, I LIVE
Every resolution on this list is one that I think would definitely be worth a consideration! Do some good in 2023!! Oh also, I'm rearranging the order for these so they'll be in chapter order, Dorm head, vice dormhead/second in command, and then somewhat by age :)

Heartslabyul
Riddle
Drinking more water
Unfortunately, tea cannot be one's only form of hydration. A healthy life dehydration does not lead. There were no rules regarding that particular kind of self care in the Queen of Hearts' rules, but that was no excuse.
You start to see him writing down in a small journal his daily water intake, at least 4 glasses a day in addition to a morning and evening cup of tea. He even asked if you want to try with him.
"No one is above self care."

Trey
Moving more
The majority of the work he did for Riddle was desk work, something he did sitting in one place for multiple hours. Sitting so frequently was doing his back no favors, so in the New Year he planned to do something about it!
Sure, he couldn't give up his responsibilities, but he could try to balance them out. This meant long evening walks around the dorm, exploring every corner of the labyrinth that was the hedge maze, and, temporarily, counting every red rose himself. There ended up being 236, a number Housewarden Riddle was quite impressed with and had accompanied Trey and yourself on a walk to check himself.
But also this meant more date nights. He'd meet up with you and go for walks in the town center.
"The stars look the best from this angle, right?"

Cater
Going on a mini-adventure
He'd gotten the whole ordeal finalized with his recurring sponsors. Using the dark mirror, he was going to travel to different parts of the world! The only question was: did you want to come with him?
It wouldn't cost him a dime to get an extra plane ticket and he had already splurged on bed sizing. Did you want to complete his New Years resolution together?
"We can go a lot of different places, eat lots of yummy food, get a lot of cute pictures, it'll be a blast!"

Ace
Make more eco-friendly choices
It was small stuff, really. Magic was eco-friendly enough, the biggest change was reusable water bottles for basketball practice.
You had laughed and asked him what was going on. That was when he gave you the heartbreaking story that had prompted his decision. The effect of environmental change on the Queendom of Roses was beginning to rear its ugly head. The flower fields that he and his brother had caused so much chaos in as boys had begun to wither and die. That was what had inspired him to make the switch.
"I guess it's a stupid reason, but it matters to me, okay?"

Deuce
Volunteer more often
There were a lot of places that needed help, especially in the cold of the New Year! He spent his afternoons, when not studying or working, volunteering at the soup kitchen in town. He was the youngest volunteer, the others being primarily mothers with too much time on their hands. Whenever you came to visit and check on him, they would tell you what a strapping young man he was.
"I wish they'd stop doing that, that isn't why any of us are here..."

Savanaclaw
Leona
"Come up with a fun and obtainable New Years resolution" had been an assignment from class, but Leona had scoffed and rolled his eyes, declaring that it was too much work and he'd just get an answer from someone else.
Ruggie's answer and Jack's answer had both been garbage and yours had made him angry. "Adopt an attitude of gratitude" you had said. He had growled and insisted on finishing the assignment himself.
Note to prefect, mildly insult Leona to increase productivity!

Ruggie
Send handwritten letters
Ever since he'd figured out a spell to make things like thank-you cards and questions easier to write, he hadn't written a letter normally. You noticed, however, the minor difference between the way Ruggie Bucchi wrote and the way a shadow clone of sorts did. It was in the way he wrote his "h"s.
So you suggested he start writing his letters from hand again. He had sighed and agreed, frustratedly.
"There goes my best time saver. Thank you, Prefect, you're such a beacon of morality."