When You Get A New Pet (Part 2)

AN: So... It's been a while. But I'm back! And I'm a dog and cat owner now, so I can actually pull from my own experience. Yeah, I kinda hopped off the TWST train, and just recently hopped back on. Expect more chapters in the coming months. Also, I'm not writing on Mobile atm, so sorry if the formatting is different. Chromebooks are the bane of my existence.

Heartslaybul
Riddle 
When he first met your new kitten, he immediately asked to hold it. You were genuinely shocked. No rules? No fretting over allergies? Just... a gentle and collected "May I see them?"  Where was this... affection coming from? That was when Trey had whispered to you. It was a loud room, so you hadn't heard the whole thing, but you did hear the name "Chey'nya". That explained it. Riddle giggled, petting the precious feline behind its oversized ears.
"I believe the two of us are going to be very good friends..."

Trey
"Can dogs eat baked goods?" "Baked goods for dogs" "How to make new dog feel comfortable". His entire search history consisted of baked goods for dogs and new recipes that were, by his own research, dog-friendly. You giggled, scrolling further through his search results and open tabs. He slaved over the counter, working on the batch of no-bake peanut butter treats. He raised an eyebrow to you, noticing your barely stifled laughter. Your dog friend sat at your feet, seemingly also smiling up at him.
"I'm almost done. Give me a second."

Cater
You got a cat and hadn't told him?! He jumped up and down, stopping when the kitten scurried behind you. He gave it a hand to sniff, and it pressed its tiny nose to his finger. He began to pet and pet and pet, sitting on the ground to get more comfortable.
He activated his signature spell, splitting into two. The kitten in his arms panicked and he held it close to his chest to calm it. His doppelganger snapped a photo once the kitten calmed itself.
"Say cheese!"

Ace
You got a dog? Badass! Was it gonna get all big and be a really good guard dog for when he wasn't there to keep you safe?... No? It was gonna be like 50 pounds max and was really lethargic most of the time? Okay... That was... Whatever, fine. At least you'd have someone to keep you company when he wasn't there.
"Can I hold the leash?"

Deuce
You literally couldn't find your cat anywhere! You had checked everywhere in Ramshackle and Heartslaybul: Under furniture, inside old suits of armor, in the frost-covered bushes, everywhere! Where had your kitten gone?! And where was Deuce?! You had frantically texted him, begging him to help you find your furry friend, but he wasn't answering your messages. Then you had called him, but he wasn't answering those either! Why were men worse than useless?!
You barged into his room, not bothering to knock. What was the worst that could happen, you'd catch him doing something he wasn't supposed to instead of helping you? Perish the thought. But... No. He was asleep. And nestled in his arms was your kitten. It kneaded into his arm, purring loudly enough you could have mistaken it for a machine. He blinked his eyes open.
"Hey, Prefect, can you help me find this little guy's owner? I think he's lost."

Savanaclaw
Leona
Something smelled different. More... canine. You had begun borrowing his shirts and sweaters, he had gotten used to you smelling like him. His scent was very distinctive, he knew what that smelled like. Why did you smell like a dog all of a sudden? He had gone to confront you, knocking on your door twice before coming in anyway, pushing the door closed with the toned muscles of his thin tail.
You looked up at him from your rug, your dog looking up at the newcomer as well. You two cocked your heads in unison. His allegations of adultery sputtered in his throat and died on his tongue.
"I... When did you get a dog."

Ruggie
He wasn't opposed to you getting a pet, don't get him wrong. And it wasn't like he expected you to bow to his every whim and base every facet of your life around him and what he wanted. He wasn't Leona. No, he was just... confused. If you were going to get a pet, why couldn't it be a dog? A dog could be part of the pack, cats just... made things difficult. Plus, the two of you had Leona, he was close enough. But still, when your kitten crawled out of the carrier, his hesitance died in the air. His eyes filled with love.
"Hey, little guy!"