Epilogue

1883

Will walks through the finished garden, going straight towards where all of the Baron's friends are waiting, and stands by Phileas.

Charles bows, "Fair winds, Will." Then leaves to go fetch the Baron.

"The captain's luck prevails, thanks to his friends." Phileas remarks. 

The two share a smile, but upon hearing the Baron approach, take their bows, before Will approaches the Baron and joins his walk towards the garden in question.

Everyone gathers around the flower bed and fountain, as the Baron takes in everything the workers have put into it, from the statues in the fountain, to the flower choice, to even how they're arranged.

Phileas does the same, with a feeling of pride as he can see Will's work has leaped right off the plans and been made a reality.

Then he turns back, walking up to Will and whispering, "He adores it.", and sure enough, the Baron begins to clap, so of course the rest follow suit, before they all start to move in formation, and begin to dance, while others, including Phileas, choose to stand and watch.

The Baron starts with his sister, and Will with Alexandra, before more join in, and so begins the pattern of swapping partners, but even so, the Baron makes it a point to catch Will's eye, as he nods in approval, at him, the garden, and the rest, before they continue the dance.

Until finally, Will is released, and with a nod of permission from the Baron, Will moves toward where Phileas is standing.

As still more join in, Will and Phileas walk around the garden and fountain, watching and smiling as they go.

When they're a fair enough distance away, Will has to ask, "I'm not too flushed, am I?"

Phileas shakes his head fondly, "No, you never could look anything but handsome."

Will rolls his eyes, "You're just saying that to flatter me."

"And what's wrong with that?" Phileas counters.

Will has a better idea, "Call me Captain again."

Phileas, in reply, pushes Will against the wall, and kisses him, just once, before gesturing for Will to follow him further away.

Will obliges, holding Phileas' hand as they keep getting further and further away, with only a look back at the Baron, who's chosen to stand square in the middle of all the dancers, looking out at the garden.

"Behold." The Baron says, only loud enough for himself to hear. "Heaven on Earth."