𝓓efend Yourself.

{ 004. }

••••

    𝓢o many weeks have gone by, already. It's already now the middle of the School year! Time going by pretty quick. The School year already about to end.

These couples of weeks, though....have not been going well. Mostly with my father and I, and our relationship.

We've haven't been talking to each other, for a while now. Or been hanging out, together. He becomes even more aggressive, day by day.

And as for School as well, I've still been getting picked on. It's too much that I just can't bring myself to Robin or Finney about it. Feeling too guilty.

But, so far, my friendship with them has been going well. Especially with Finney's little sister! We both clicked, almost immediately.

After finishing with dinner, I get out of my chair to go put the plate in the sink.

Entering the living room, I immediately cover my nose. Disgusted by the scent that was all over the room.

'Dad is drinking, again....' Dad was sitting on the couch, watching some TV. A beer bottle in his hand. Multiple bottles on the coffee table.

(TW‼️)

Taking a deep breath, I say

"Dad....im gonna start getting ready for bed....now." Dad gets up, looking at me with a grumpy look.

"Now where do you think you're going??" Dad says, taking out his belt.

Immediately, I panic. Shaking in fear.

"NO, DAD! DON'T YOU SEE WHAT YOU'RE DOING??" I yell, trying to reason with them. Dad just blankly stares at me.

"What're you y-yabbing about. I'm only helping....you. You still don't know how to defend yourself," Dad reply's, hiccuping.

"YOU'RE HURTING ME!" I cry out, hugging myself.

"I'm only....helping you prepare for the f-future," Dad continues to hiccup, trying to stay balanced.

"To help prepare me for the future?? As if you know anything that will happen in my future," I hiss, taking little steps back.

"I do have a clue. I know, because....ill be in your future. I'm only trying to prepare you-"

"FROM WHAT-"

"From me." Dad cuts me off, staring at me directly in my eyes.

Shocked, I stare at dad, confused. Before I could process or say anything, dad starts walking up to me with his belt. And that was it.

••••

Saying night to dad, I start getting ready for bed. Wiping off the dry tears that were on my face.

Walking into my room, the pain was too unbearable, that my leg's stopped working on me.

Crawling to the side of my bed, I break down. Hugging my knees, and hiding my face in my leg's.

Suddenly, I remember about Robins phone number! Would he be up right now, though? Would he even be in the mood to talk with someone this late at night?

'Better to try than to not try at all.' I think to myself.

Taking out the piece of paper, I get to dialing the number. Now, I just gotta wait.

After waiting for a while, he answers! He actually answered the call?!

"Hello, this is Robin. Who is this?" Gasping, I speak immediately.

"Hey, Robin! It's me, Y/N." I hear a gasp from the other line,

"Wait, Y/N?? Hey, how are you??" Robin say's, now sounding interested in the call.

"I'm doing...alright, thank you. Just wanted to see if the call worked," I say, chuckling a little.

"Ohh, I see. Well, now you have your answer." I laugh, nodding.

"Hey, I was wondering if one day I can maybe come over to your place to hang out, for a bit?" I suggest, randomly. Immediately, regretting what I said.

"Really? Ya, sure! I'm down,"  Robin answers, sounding excited.

"Alright, cool! Well, I'm gonna start heading off to bed now." I say, feeling tired after all that crying.

"Okay. I'm gonna stay up for a bit more. Well, goodnight!"

"Night." I reply, hanging up the call.

Getting ready to head into my bed, my body suddenly stops moving. A thought repeating in my head over and over.

'You need to start defending yourself!

Defend yourself!!

STAND UP FOR YOURSELF.' The words, repeating repeatedly.

Looking, and holding up my arm, closing my fist, I suddenly throw a punch to the air. I do it again. After that one, I throw another.

Punching over, and over again. Staying up the rest of the night, practicing my throw's

 Staying up the rest of the night, practicing my throw's