𝓨OU DID WHAT?

{ 027. }

••••

BRUCE POV;
    "𝓞kay, come in come in." Thanking coach, I enter the house.

Sitting down on the couch, coach sits down beside me. Crossing his arms.

"So what did you want to ask me?" Coach asks, raising his brow.

Letting out a small sigh, I say

"I wanted you ask if....y'know that girl's baseball team? That's there's still one spot open? Is it....still open?" I ask, looking at him.

"Uh, ya it still is. Why, Bruce?"

"Well, there's this girl at School that I'm very close with! She's really good at playing baseball! She could maybe take that spot-"

"What's her name?" Gulping, I answer.

"Y/N, sir." I answer.

"Hmm....I don't know-"

"Let me introduce her to you, tomorrow! Please, she's really good. She'll blow you away, I swear!" I promise, pleading.

Sighing, coach nods.

"You have me convinced. Okay, tomorrow. At my office." Smiling, I nod.

"Thank you, coach! You'll love her!"

Y/N POV;
Watching the movie, I look at Billy.

"Hey, how long have you had Rover for?" I ask, smiling. Trying to spark a small conversation.

"Hm. When I was small, actually! He was a baby when we got him. So small." Billy explains, nodding.

"That's so sweet. You two were both so small. So you guy's technically grew up, together." I say, grinning in awe.

"Sure are. We're inseparable." Billy winks, before looking back at the TV.

Laughing, I continue watching the movie. Letting out a big yawn....

••••

Yawning, I slowly open my eyes. Looking around the room.

Realizing that I have fallen asleep, my eyes widen. Causing me to sit up straight.

"Oh, shoot....what time is it?" Looking at Billy's alarm, I see that it is late! I need to be at home.

Looking beside me, I see that Billy has also fallen asleep. Sleeping peacefully, he had both of his arms behind his hair. One leg over the other.

Contemplating, I gently shake Billy. Causing him to stiffen a little, waking up.

Looking at me, Billy's eyes slightly widen.

"Oh shoot, it's late. You should be back at home, Miss. I accidentally fell asleep." Getting up, Billy starts to put on his leather jacket.

"I'll take you back to your place." Billy say's, fixing his hair.

After saying that, Billy's mom enters the room.

"Hello, you two. Just came to check on you both.
Y/N, it's starting to get late. Your family might start to get worried. Do you need a ride back home?" Looking at her, I smile softly.

"Yes, please. Thank you. But, I have my bike...." I point out.

"Oh! It's alright. We'll just put it in the back trunk. Let's get going." Nodding, I get up.

Walking downstairs, out to the front yard, we get in the truck.

Buckling my seatbelt, Mrs. Showalter starts to drive off.

I, giving her the directions to get back home.

••••

Finally making it back home from the Showalters, Billy walks me to the front door.

Luckily, dad wasn't back home yet.

Entering the room, I stretch my arms, kicking off my pair of F/C shoes.

Cracking my neck, I begin to get ready for bed. Finney and Gwen, already in their rooms sleeping.

About to get in bed, the telephone rings.

Walking up to the phone, I answer.

"Hello?"

"Hey Y/N, it's Bruce!"

'Bruce?' I think to myself, surprised. Who gave him my number? Most likely Finn, for sure.

"Ohh, Bruce? Hey! Uh, why'd you call?" I say, taking a seat while being on the phone.

"Oh. Uh, yeah. Uhm....I'm so sorry for what I'm about to admit. I did something involving you without your consent first. And....uh, yeah." I raise my brow.

'What did he do.' My face than went to happy, to serious in a matter of seconds.

"Okayy....? Bruce, what did you do? I won't be upset. I will if you don't tell me, though." I hear Bruce sigh.

"Ya....I'll just admit it already. I visited my coach, and asked him if he could let you join the girls baseball team for....I....I don't know. I don't know why I did this, actually. I'm confused with myself. But he said that he wants to meet you....tomorrow." Bruce explains.

My brain, starts to try and process everything that I heard.

WHAT.

"Wha- you did WHAT, now?!" I say, speechless!

"I AM- so sorry, Y/N. I don't know why I did this, really. But, he doesn't want any cancelled visits. He wants you to be there at his office, tomorrow. No excuses...." Bruce say's, sounding nervous.

"Oh my gosh, Bruce....y'know what? I've heard of much worser things than this. Okay, tomorrow." I sigh.

"You're up for this?" Bruce say's, rather surprised.

"Sure, why not. Besides, I feel like I have no choice. Let's get whatever I've been brought into over with." I state.

" I state