one

elaine groaned as her grandmother dragged her and her cousin hartley to gather the rent  from the family renting the house  next to theirs, which was celia's

"oh, look, everybody. it's our landlady celia and her granddaughters elaine and hartley." the mom said to the kids. "hello, landlady celia and her granddaughters elaine and hartley." the family said in sync.

"your first months rent is ten bucks short." celia told the family. "oh, sorry about that. can you break a twenty?" the dad said to celia. "nope." celia snatched the money from him.

"you look really familiar. do i know you from somewhere?" elaine said, looking at the daughter. the teen chuckled. "no, i don't think so." she responded.

the youngest boy then pushed through his family and leaned on the door frame. "sup, i'm colby. and you look like my future girlfriend." he said to elaine

she stood there, then laughed. elain held his face, "you're cute, but no. i'm 13." "so? i'm 13 too." colby said back.

"anyways, we were just about to start family movie night." the mom said loudly to change topics.

"great. what are we watching? i love a good war movie." celia said. "uh, on second thought, we really should get some rest. we're still adjusting to the time difference here in texas." the dad said and the family did a clear fake yawn.

"i mean if elaine wants to stay i'll be awake all night." colby said and his older sister nudged
him harshly. "remind me where you're from again." celia said. "tallahassee. delaware. taiwan. boston." the family said overlapping each other.

"we never... stay in the same place too long." well, that's a red flag." "I'll take next month's rent, too." celia said to the family.

"you are gonna love texas. everyone's super friendly." hartley said very excited. "i can tell." the dad said sarcastically. "what brought you here anyway?" elaine asked. "oh, you know, we just needed a change." the eldest daughter said.

"well that's great. elaine can help colby adjust." hartley suggested as colby smiled. "no, are you crazy, no." elaine protested.

"i think that's a brilliant idea. don't you think so colbs." the mother edit to her son. "yup." he responded. "great i'll drop her off here tomorrow morning."

"grandma!" elaine said throwing her hands up. "i hope i don't wake up tomorrow." elaine muttered as they all walked out.

"i like her." amy said. "she's a bit sassy. but she's really cute." colby said walking up to his bedroom. what was he going to do when she came tomorrow morning.

"good morning mr and mrs madden." elaine said when they opened the door. "good morning. colbs, elaine's here!" eva yelled.

"coming!" colby yelled back and elaine sat on the couch. "hey." colby breathed out, jumping over the couch. "what do you wanna do?" elaine asked the boy.

"i have an idea, but first i have to tell my parents something." colby got up and went into the kitchen. he was taking pretty long, so elain went on phone.

then she decided he was taking way too long and went into the kitchen, only to see colby becoming himself after being a water cooler.

the family's eyes widened when they saw elaine in the doorway. "i knew it. i knew it, i knew any looked familiar. you all do." "elaine i swear-" vic started.

"you swear what, kranic. what about you surge. you guys are supervillains. which means amy is havoc and jake is chaos." elaine spoke.

"brain wiper?" vic whispered to his wife and she nodded. "can i get a pic, im a huge fan."

"a what?!" the family yelled. "a pic." "no after that." colby said. "a fan. i love you guys." elaine said taking out her phone.

"say villains." elaine said as she snapped the photo. "now i'm going to post it-" "no! you can't. we're in hiding, nobody can know we're villains." eva said taking the girls hand.

"oh. sorry, i won't post it." elaine put her phone back in her pocket. "you wanna get frozen yogurt colby? "what's that?" "yeah let's go." elaine grabbed his hand and took her out the house.

"she's definitely colby's future girlfriend don't you think?" eva said to her husband. "oh for sure." vic said back.

the two started walking to a nearby yogurt shop. "you used to play with rats?" "yup, they left me there as they fought." "hey, at least you have your power now. shapeshifter."

"yea it's so cool." "and we're here." "so what do you get here anyway." "yogurt, but it's frozen and you get toppings."

"is that birthday cake?!" colby said running tot he machines. "here take a cup" elaine took one for her and one for colby.

colby ended up getting birthday cake and chocolate and elaine got caramel and vanilla. "you're so basic, caramel and vanilla. really elaine."

"hey watch your mouth, i'm paying here." elaine as they walked up to the toppings. "they have toppings?!"

"oh colby, where have you been." elaine put her hand on his shoulder. "in a secret lair playing with rats." "right." and then colby and elain loaded up on toppings.

"this must be the best thing i've ever had in my life." colby said with a mouthful of whipped cream chocolate chips and frozen yogurt." "in texas we chew with our mouths closed." elaine pushed his chin up.

"you wanna go to the park." "of course!" elaine took him to the park near the shop and what can she say, colby was having the best fun ever.

"i feel like i'm flyinggg!!" colby yelled as he swung on the swings. "you look ridiculous." elaine said swinging on the monkey bars.

"you're amazing!" colby said, sort of the thanking her. "thanks, you're pretty cool too!" elaine said jumping off the monkey bars.