six

elaine rolled in her bed. life was boring. life was so boring without colby.

amy told he he was currently a sledgehammer, if he was so cool why couldn't he be something cool?

elaine wouldn't want to admit but she missed colby more than anything. she missed raiding his closet and stealing his stuff, she missed when he would be so excited to come over because he loves her beanbags.

did he have to be stuck as a sledgehammer.

"elaine! get your butt down here, we're going next door." her grandmother yelled from bellow. elaine thought she went on her date. "why can't i stay home?" elaine asked.

"i said, get your butt down here." celia said and elaine groaned, grabbing her phone and put on shoes.

"good afternoon, everyone." celia said singsong like. "celia! friendly reminder, just 'cause you have a key, it doesn't mean you get to walk in here whenever you like." eva said.

"you're right. i'm so sorry. I should also take my shoes off, wouldn't wanna scuff your floors. elaine take your shoes off." elaine stared at her grandmother. why is she being nice and considerate..

"hope you don't mind a bunion or two. i keep trying to shave these suckers down but i'm just a buni gal." celia said when she took off her shoes. elaine stepped back and slipped on her socks.

"celia, you're in an awfully good mood. someone die?" eva said sitting down."noo. i just had lunch with my gentleman, finn roberts. it was lovely. we laughed and laughed. and then we under tipped." celia said.

"hey, celia, hey elaine. wow, look at those feet. have you seen hartley? it's been hours. she and jake should have been back by now." amy said coming down the steps.

"i'll text her." celia said grabbing her phone. "oh! robert just sent me another flirty text message. "hello, celia." i think we all know what that means." celia said.

"pretty sure it means..." elaine started.

"mind your own business. i mean, see you all later." celia said. "no you're staying elaine." celia said when elaine started to put her shoes on.  "sure you will. when we least expect it." vic said.

"hey colbs." elaine said crouching down to the sledgehammer. "elaine? i miss you." the sledgehammer said.

"i wish i could see your face again." elaine said. "at least you can see, can you hug me?" colby said.

elaine picked up the sledgehammer and hugged it. "this is weird." she said putting colby back down.

"i'm gonna..uh lay down." elaine said rubbing her head. "you can go in my bed." amy said. "thanks but, i'm gonna go in colby's."

elaine walked into his purple, blue room and looked around: the most comfortable place on the earth.

she flopped on his bed, and the sheets smelled just like him. and in the corner we're his skateboards. his room was still clean from the last time elaine helped him clean 2 months ago.

and slowly the girl fell asleep, in the comfort of her best friend's bed.

nayah speaks!

ik this is short but it's just meant to show how elaine feels without colby