twenty five

they had all been in the room for 20 minutes, and eveyone was starting to go insane.

jake was continuously punching the door, as if it was going to do a thing.

"jake, clearly, your arms aren't working. maybe you should bang your head instead." amy said.

"well, at least i'm trying. why don't you use your powers?" jake shot back.

"well, what's the point? if your powers aren't working, i'm sure mine won't either." amy said. "it wouldn't hurt to try."

she used her sonic scream, and it clanged and bounced off the wall and hit her in her stomach.

"see? i knew that would happen!" any exclaimed. "so did i." jake smiled.

"then why did you tell me to do it?" amy said. "because it was funny..."

"oh, really? is it funny?"

amy and jake started to go back and forth, and eva stood up. "guys! come on! we have to stick together." she said.

"i knew i should have stayed home with colby." vic said. elaine and eva both gasped, "colby! he's home all alone." elaine said.

"if oculon knows who we are, he's not safe." eva said. "we've got to find a way out of here." jake said, and started to punch the door again.

"i think we've established that's not it!" elaine yelled, getting annoyed.

suddenly someone banged on the door, "is anybody in there?" the person said.

"it's hartley. we're in here!" elaine said leaning to the door.

"save me first! i regret nothing." vic sisd runniinf to the door.

"elaine, what's going on?" hartley asked. "hartley, we're in grave danger." she said.

"look, this isn't an escape room. it's some sort of holding cell that our powers can't penetrate. and declan is not who he said he was." amy said.

"what do you mean?" hartley asked. "he's a supervillain." amy said.

hartley scoffed, "declan? my declan?" "well, do you know another declan?" elaine said.

"are you absolutely sure he's a villain? he's just so sweet and thoughtful and cute..."

"we're sure!" everyone yelled. "he's been working for onyx this whole time. he played you to get to us. and now, he's sending us to centropolis." jake said.

"i can't believe it. amy knew something was up with him, and i didn't listen. which means the reason you're trapped in there is because of me." hartley said.

"hartley, it's not about blame right now, but yes. if there's one thing we've learned from all of this, it's that I'm always right and you are a sucker." amy said.

"you know, you might want to hold off on the insults until i get you out of there."

"just please find a way to get us out of here before he comes back." elaine said.

"oh! i think i found the panel that controls the door." hartley said.

"good job." declan's voice was heard from outside the door.

"declan."

"surprise."

"i trusted you. even when my best friend told me not to. and all this time, you've been lying to me?" hartley said.

"you're the means to an end. my mission was to bring the fugitives back to centropolis, so i did what i had to do. nothing personal." declan said bluntly.

"yeah? well, you're messing with the wrong girl." hartley said. "yeah, you tell him, hartley." amy said, as they all listened in.

"i knew she had it in her." jake said. "she's gonna save us!" eva smiled.

"i made you a happy one-month anniversary card. but because of all this, i'm not giving it to you." hartley siad.

"oh, boy." elaine said. "she didn't have it in her." jake continued.

"we're doomed."

"you're a fool, hartley. you believed i was falling for you. and even worse, you really believe havoc is your best friend? she's a villain. and villains don't care about anyone but themselves." declan said.

"that's where you're wrong. when havoc became amy, she changed. they've all changed. they're not like you anymore." hartley spoke.

"i'll take that as a compliment, since they're weak and naive. just like you."

a whirring sound was heard, and declan spoke. "transport will be here any minute to take these traitors back to centropolis. you've seen your friend amy for the last time."

"yeah, i don't think so. i may have a big heart, but i'm not as naive as you think."

"i don't know what this thing does, but i'm pretty sure it's gonna hurt." hartley said roughly.

"she brought one of my devices. hartley, which one?" vic said.

"uh, silver, big blue lights?"

"my fusion blaster! if she saves us with one of my inventions, i found the escape, which means boom, i win!" vic said.

"gosh your ego!" elaine said hitting vic's head.

"hartley. why don't you hand that over before you hurt yourself, okay?"

"back off!"

"oh, come on. there's no way you'd use that on me. you like me way too much."

a loud blast was heard, and declan grunted as he obviously got shot. "keep telling me how i feel, punk."

"declan's down. i bought us some time. i got to figure out how to get you out of there." hartley said.

"hartley, hold him where he is and call colby for backup." vic said.

"wait, no, don't." eva said. "we have to keep colby far away from here. onyx can't know about his multiple powers."

"if he finds out colby's the chosen one, it's all over." eva continued.

"uh, i think i accidentally turned on the microphone because we just heard all of that." hartley said nervously.

"wait. so not only does colby have his power, he's the chosen one?" declan said.

"this changes everything. later..."

"he just disappeared!" hartley said. "he must have teleported." elaine said. "oh, no. colby." eva said gasping.

"okay, i've got to get you out of there. what do i do?" hartley said, after a few moments of silence went by.

"count to three. aim the fusion blaster at the door and shoot." vic said.

"okay. here goes." hartley said, and got the blaster and it made a huge hole.

it hit vic, and be shot back groaning. "i said count to three." he said as he lay on the floor.

"sorry." hartley said from out the hole.

"let's get out of here." elaine said. "we have to get to colby before oculon does." jake said.

"you're too late." onyx said coming on the screen.

"onyx." amy said. "wait..that's what he looks like." elaine said, bursting out in laughter.

the family looked at her to stop , and she clears her throat crossing her arm.

"you played this game well, but you should have known that i always win." onyx said.

"and who knew the prize would turn out even better than i thought? all this time, i've been trying to capture the five of you when i only needed one."

the camera panned to colby who was in cuffs and being held by declan. "the chosen one."

nayah speaks !!

colby's held hostage omf omf