twenty seven

colby stood in his old lair in hand cuffs, onyx and oculon with him watching his every move.

"in your family's absence, onyx took over your former lair and brought dignity to this den of betrayal." oculon said.

"smells like he also brought whatever nasty stench is underneath that robe." colby snapped.

"you will afford our leader the respect he deserves."

"do you pay him every time he sucks up to you, or is it more of a blanket deal?" colby said again.

"enough!" onyx said loudly. "what do you want with me anyway?" colby asked, as he tried to fight the cuff.

"all will be revealed in time."

"yes, well, here's a reveal, i have multiple powers. and i'm about to use my invisibility to escape. later, dudes." colby said, and then couldn't move.

"it's not working. i can't move! and this would be where elaine tells me that i shouldn't have announced what i was doing.

"that's because he just immobilized you." oculon said.

"pay attention, chosen one. the show is about to begin. look who just showed up in centropolis." onyx said pointing the the tv he had set up to cameras.

it showed amy and jake in their villians suits, elaine walking behind them. "no. don't hurt them!"

"aw it's cause your little girlfriend's here too, she doesn't even have any powers." oculon siad.

"unlike you, i don't disclose my plans before i execute them." onyx said.

"you're going to execute them?!" colby said worried.

"what? no, i meant executing the plan." onyx siad. "so you're not gonna execute them?"

"i didn't say that."

"then what are you saying?"

"nothing. never mind."

-

"how could onyx not be keeping colby in his lair? amy said, as her jake and elaine walked out of onyx's lair.

"you just realized the world's most evil villain is unpredictable?" jake said. "no, i realized that the day i found out he has a vacation lair in fort lauderdale." amy said.

"i want to say, it feels good to be back here in our villain suits." amy said.

"yeah, speak for yourself. these pants have gotten a lot tighter since i discovered garlic fries." jake said.

"those would be good right now." elaine said, and jake nodded. "wanna get some after?" jake asked turning to elaine.

"absolutely." elaine said. "wait..elaine since when were your eyes blue?" jake asked.

"they aren't, they've always been brown." elaine said.

and then she realized, her eyes were only blue when she was using her powers a lot.

except she hasn't used them all day...

elaine changed the topic, "come on, think. where could onyx be holding colby?" she said.

"wait. i got it. our old lair." amy said. "no, that's too easy." jake said. "no, he wants it to be easy. he's trying to lure us in so we can attack, but we know that place better than anyone."

"which means we can ambush them." jake said. "we just kinda need to do it fast before onyx or oculon realize that we're here." elaine said.

amy and jake started to walk towards their lair as elaine followed, and the sound of someone landing behind them was heard.