Fuck the Cali Sun

Chapter One

Chapter One

Fuck the Cali Sun

Elena glared as she looked up towards the sun. Sweat poured down her face as she wobbled down the road. Her back hurt while her ankles were swelling, and she was cussing life as she walked towards the mechanic to pick up her car. Elena had moved to Charming a little over three weeks ago. her car got her here and decided it needed a break a week after the move. a pain shot through her side making the 8 1/2-month pregnant pause and lean against the hard gate.

"Almost there Babygirl" Elena whispers to her stomach as she glances across the street at the Teller Morrow shop. closing her eyes, the woman bares the pain quickly rushing across the busy street ignoring the honks of the passing cars.

"Hey!" a deep voice calls out. Elena closed her eyes as another wave of pain took over her body.

"Hey! Are you okay?" she could her rapid footsteps rushing towards her making her open her eyes.  Elena was greeted by a pair of blue eyes looking at her in worry.

"I-I'm fine just need a minute" She manes to studder out. A large hand found its way to her lower back as he offered his free hand. Elena nodded in thanks as she gripped his hand tightly allowing him to lead her away from the sidewalk towards the shop.

"let's get you cooled down" The man says leading her into what looked like a bar. As she walked in, she was greeted by the sound of a loud group of men.

"Here take a seat "The men all quieted down their attention turning towards her. If she was feeling better, she might have given a shit about how she looked. Her face was red and splotchy from the heat, a smaller layer of sweat had built up on her forehead. 

"Ye' alight there lovey?" a Scottish man calls out. She chose to nod rather answer him as a glass of water was placed in front of her.

"How far are you walking from? I'm Jax by the way" The man who led her inside asked.

"Not too far" Elena whispers taking a drink from her cup.

"My name is Elena by the way" she says as she takes Jax's hand in a handshake.

"What can we do for you Miss Elena" Jax asks as he watches her flinch from another cramp.

"My car in here, my cv axel snapped the man said it be done in a couple weeks" She explained before glancing around the room.

"I can check for ye' lovey" the Scottish
man offers. Elena was quick to give him a smile in thanks.

"Last name?" he asks so he could find her paperwork. Elena watches him march out the door

"Miles" She answers as he walks out the door. Jax pulls a seat next to hers making her shift.

"Your old man couldn't bring you here for your car" He asks her. Elena could her the group of men whispering from the bar. She quickly shrugged at his question a nervous smile on her face.

"I don't have a man" she says offering no further explanations making Jax nod.  Jax tried to keep eye contact with the woman but her failed as he glanced down at her round belly for the fifth time.  A pit grew in his stomach as he thought about Wendy as how she was going to look in a few short months. He hadn't come home to her in two weeks he could barely look at her. There was no real love between the two of them. Hell, there was barley lust between them now.

"Feel better?" He asks as he noted her breathing calming and the redness start to fade from her face.

"Much, thank you" Elena says her eyes locking with Jax making him smile.

"No need to thank me beautiful Chibs will be back, and I can take care of you" He flirts making her roll her eyes a grin on her lips.  Jax's eyes slide down her frame admiring her chest as his eyes drag down. He wasn't lying when he stated she was beautiful, and pregnancy defiantly added a glow. IT WASN'T the thought of Wendy's pregnancy that scared the hell out of him. It was the fact that his son's mother is an ex-crank addict croweater.

"Men "Elena mumbles her grin fading as Chibs walked in a bashful look on his face.

"I apologies lovey but yer' car part was held up in shipin' it will take a couple days more" he says a small frown on his lips. Jax watched as her mood quickly deflated. The thought of the long hot walk back home made her almost want to cry. Elena took a small breath before pushing herself to stand.

"Thats alright, I'll see you guys in a few days then" She tried to sound chipper, but it didn't come out just right. The frustration and stress leaked onto her face as a crease formed onto her forehead.

"I can give you a ride home" Jax quickly offers quickly. Elena chews her lips before deciding to take him up on his offer.  Chibs gives her a friendly smile as Jax Leads her out of the club house towards a tow truck. Jax laughs light as he watches her struggles to climb into the tall truck.

"Hold still" he says placing his hand on her hips. his body shivers as his skin connects with hers. Her round stomach made her shirt pull up leaving her lower sided exposed. A breath left her lips as Jax lifts her easily placing her into the passenger seat. he quickly made sure her feet wouldn't get caught in the door before rushing to the driver side.

"Where we headed" He asks a smile on his lips as he puts the truck in gear.

"3rd street over by the daycare" She answers making Jax do a double take.

"You walked all the way from 3rd street?" He asks her eyes wide.

"No public transportation." She mumbles with a shrug.

"not to far my ass" Jax mumbles to himself as he pulls out of TM. The driveway quite other than Jax mumbling songs from the radio.

"The green house" Elena says pointing at her home making Jax quickly pulls into her empty driveway. Her home was small but quite cute. Plants and windchimes cover her porch making sweet music as the wind pushed the bamboo stick around.

"Thank you for the ride..." Elena starts reaching for the door.

"Hey before you" Jax says quickly grabbing her wrist stopping her from leaving.

"Call me when you need a ride okay? no more of this walking shit" he says pulling a pen from his cut jotting his number down on a piece of scrap paper. Their eyes connect as she nods allowing him to slip the paper into her fingers.