Bitter

Chapter 5Bitter

Chapter 5
Bitter

"Elena " Jax yells pounding on the woman's door. Elena had bolt faster than Jax though she could even run. He had no idea his mother would be as hostile as she was. Well, who was he even kidding he definitely knew things could end up this way. He could hear her shuffling things around but not quite loud enough to assume she was coming to the door.

"Come on doll" He groans his head pressing against the door. Elena glared at the door from inside her hand moving to rub her bells as she violently stabs a spoon into her strawberry ice-cream.

"Do you know who the father is yet "She growls mockingly under her breath as Jax bangs on the door.

"Like she gets a gold star for having the man leave her after the baby was born instead of before" She snips to herself unable to stop the smile from growing on her lips. Jax sighs a smile growing on his face as he listens to her ramblings.

"I'll go through your window" He warns before the door swings open nearly missing his nose as it went by.

"What do you want" Elena growls before shoving a Cinnaroll in her mouth aggressively biting it. Jax chocks his laugh before reaching to take the tub of Ice cream from her other hand. Elena bit her lip watching him scoop a small spoonful into his mouth before he gestured inside.

"May I come in?" He asks licking the melted ice cream off is lips. Elena stared unimpressed as she leaned against the doorway.

"No" she snips snatching her ice cream out of his handmaking Jax chuckle.  His eyes moved behind her seeing the amount of junk food piled on her coffee table.

"I see you bought the premade made shit" he says points out the sweet treats. Elena follows his eyes rolling her own as she blocked his view with her body.

"Your mother's recipe would have been bitter" she says with a shrug. Jax snorts his hands moving to hold her sides.

"I bet they were" He agrees leading her inside. Jax quickly close the door behind them his hand moving down as he leans into the pregnant woman wrapping her into his strong hold. Elena allows him to hold her. It had been so long since a man had held her in this way.

"I told you I wasn't one for meeting people" She mumbles into his neck making Jax puff put a laugh.

"Nah my ma is just a bitch" he tells her making Elena join in his laughter.  The Two cuddled for a bit before breaking away. Elena led Jax to the couch shoving wrappers of food out of her way as she set down. Jax followed her moving to caress her hands in his needing some kind of skin contact. Elena huffed her eyes staying locked onto his hands in hers.

"I know nothing about you" She whispers to him her eyes moving to meet his. Jax sighs along with her moving his legs in a more comforable position.

"I was enjoying that about you" he admits quietly making Elena's eyebrow crunch together. Ajax didn't know why he admitted it but it was true. She didn't hesitate to be comfortable with him because she didn't know the reputation his name and club brought.

"A lot of baggage I mean" he tries to recover as he takes Elena's hand entwining their fingers together.

"I think I can relate on baggage" she whispers back a frown tugging at her lips. Jaz huffs quietly his arms moving to wrap around her waist.

" I doubt your baggage is as big as mine" Jax mumbles his eyes casting down to her stomach. Yes, Elena would have a baby any day now but his would be here in a few months as well. Add on his recent divorce rolling through along with club duties he doubted Elena would want him in hers and her Childs life.

"Maybe if I knew a bit more I could understand?" she tells him trying her best not to push him out of his comfort zone.

"I think I can do that if your willing to do the same"Jax tells her as his heart starts to beat wildlynwoth anxiety.

"Ask me anything" Elena tells him as she shuffles away from Ajax moving to where she can face the man.

"The father of your daughter"Jaz starts his eyes casting back down to her belly.

"Where is he?" he asks finishing his thought. Elena bites her lips her fingers moving to caress her dog tags.

"I was staintioned in Iraq, we shipped out in January I was there 10 months. It was grueling I lost a few good shoulders along the way." she started her eyes casting down to her legs.

"His name was Ethan she whispers out.

"I knew him since base camp, when your in hell you look for ways to force yourself to find small moments of peace. And we found peace in each other. Our tour was almost up when I realised I was pregnant and when I reported it to my Sargent I was medically discharged from my unit and sent back home immediately" she explains her eyes moving to meet Jax's.

"He was reprimanded but allowed to stay. A week after I was sent home my whole until was blown sky high by a suicide bomber. Not one survived" she crooks out her hands moving to her belly.

"I'm sorry" Jaz whispers out immediately reaching out to her to take her hands into his.

"I learned the world wasn't fair a long time
Ago Jax but thank you for your condolences" she whispers as she forces herself to calm her nerves.

"I highly doubt your baggage is as bad as you think it is Jax," Elena tells him as she forces On a small smile curling the ends of her lips.Jax lets a shakey breath out as he forces a smile on his lips as well. His heart beat wildly in his chest as he thought of ways to explain his life to where she wouldn't run.