Dinner Party

Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Dinner party

Biting her lip Elena's eyes flickered around the home they pulled into. Men were scattered across the yard all wearing Kutes much like Jax's.  Jax glanced over at the pregnant woman as she took a deep breath. Smiling slightly Jax grabs her hand bring it to his lips. 

"You ready?" He asks softly. Elena tosses Jax an uneasy smile before she nods. Jax quickly unbuckles her seatbelt belt jumping out of the passenger side rushing to the driver side.  Jax's smile grew as his eyes locked on Opie's throwing his friend a wink Jax opens the door offering a hand to Elena. 

"Ready?" He asks once more a twinkle of excitement in his eyes. Something inside Elena calmed allowing her to clear her mind before taking Jax's hand.  

"Come on there a few people I want you to meet" Jax says practically pulling her towards a bulky biker. 

"Elena Meet my best friend Opie" Jax says to her as they reach the man. Opie offers her a friendly smile and his right hand.

"Opie meet my girl Elena" Jax introduces proudly his chest puffed at her name. Elena blushed at the term her used. She didn't know what happened in the house, but obviously Jax knew what he wanted after that. 

"It's lovely to meet you Opie" she says politely as she takes her hand back. 

"It's great to meet the girl Jax wouldn't shut up about" Opie says chuckling when Jax glared at him. Elena blushes again as Jax grabs her hand dragging her around the yard introducing her to his family. 

"This is my mom's husband Clay" Jax mutters into her ear as they approach an older looking man.

"Clay This is Elena; do you know where mom is?" Jax asks keeping their meeting brief.

"Inside with the women" Clay answers before taking a swig of his beer. Jax nods before leading her towards the house.

"MA" Jax calls as they walk down the hall past a dining room. Noise of clanking dishes and gossiping made Elena smile a small bit. She didn't quiet have anything like this, but she did have a foster home. She remembers the many school nights she and all the older girl in their home would cook and gossip about the foster family. 

"Jackson" A woman greet as if she was grinding her teeth. The nerves in her stomach returned as Jax pulls her towards his mom. She was dressed in leather looking every part of biker queen.

"Elen this is my mom Gemma" Jax says his eyes set to a warning gaze on his mother.

"It's a pleasure to meet you" Elena mumbles holding her hand out. Gemma glances down past her hand landing on her belly.

"Pleasure is all mine" Gemma mutter ignoring Elena's hand. Elena swallows dropping her hand. Jax sighs giving Elena an apologetic look. Gemma and Jax had argued hours after he told her he invited Elena to dinner. 

"Let's get dinner started" Gemma says as Jax leads Elena to the table pulling her chair free before sitting next to her. People poured in taking seats in the dining room and living room each chatting. 

"So, Elena how far along are you?" Gemma asks suddenly making Elena look up from her plate.

"8-8 months" Elena answers as Jax brings her hand into his lap under the table. Elena shoots him a small smile as he rubs her hand with his thumb.  Gemma nods a smile on her face as she clasps her hands together. 

"Any idea whothe dad is yet?" Gemma asks making Elena's eyes grow wide. Her mind starts to twist remembering who the father of her child really is. 

"What" She asks as her chest began to rise and fall quickly.

"MOM" Jax shouts angerly pushing the chair away from the table as he stood.

"I was just making conversation" Gemma says a false innocent look on her face.

"Thank you for dinner Gemma it's best I go" Elena says quickly standing before rushing out the house ignoring the calls of Jax