Chapter 3

Madeline Love

Gwenyth shut the door to the room leaving me alone to strip out of my drenched clothes. The room itself was beautiful, ivory silk sheets with dark accents. The bed looked so comfortable.

Back home I had a twin bed in a spacious room to fit a desk and bay window, but nothing like this. I shut the shades pulling my soaked tank top off and discarding the cardigan with it. I removed my pants along with my thong.

Then I realized I left my bra in the car. Now leaving me stumped as I looked at the t-shirt and leggings she laid out. A light buzz noise was heard and her voice came through.

"This is your captain speaking" she paused "I'm totally just kidding, this is just an intercom. You can press the button below the speaker if you need anything."

I walked over pressing the button stifling my laughs "Thank you Gwenyth, I have some bags in the car... which my bra is in."

"I'll have someone get your clothes for you and bring it up to you once you've finished your shower" I pressed the button once more in relief.

"Thank you" I let go of the button thinking of how someone would have to go out in that weather to get it and pressed it again "Actually if it's too much I can go out and get it."

"And get drenched again, nice try dear there's no need. William has to go outside anyway to go out to check the lake" The lake?

"Okay, thank you" I walked away from the intercom and towards the bathroom door pushing it open.

The floor and wall were porcelain and stone tiles. The floors felt warm signaling that they must've been heated. I looked at myself in the mirror, I looked like a mess. Thanking my past self for not doing makeup for the dreaded drive back.

I reached for a towel that was folded nicely on the shelf placing it on the wooden countertop. I opened the glass shower door switching the water to hot. I shivered as the pressure blasted my skin while still being slightly cold "frick!"

The goosebumps laced my skin again causing my nipples to be sensitive. As the water warmed I stepped back into it running my hands through my hair to help wet it.

I began humming the tunes to an Abba song making a concert for myself. I laced my hair with the shampoo on the shelf getting some in my eye causing me to screech "Shoot, shoot, shoot!" I rubbed it which only made the pain worse.

If only they had baby shampoo maybe my struggles would be fixed. No, no complaining these strangers took you in!

Holy shit these strangers took you in? Do you hear yourself, you just swore again Lila! Maybe I should share my location with Sloan after my shower. What was I thinking, I just let these strangers take me in, again what if they were serial killers? Some castle in the woods, this is the perfect horror movie setup.

No, enough scaring yourself. Maybe not everyone in the world is bad, just a good portion!

I rinsed the shampoo out along with my thoughts, I get too much in my head sometimes. I conditioned my hair by dousing it with body wash. It was cocoa butter scented whatever that meant, but it smelt soothing.

It felt like I was burning my skin by the temperature of the water, but not a painful amount a pleasurable amount. I didn't have water pressure like this at school or home, most of the time the hot water would run out.