Chapter 13

Madeline Love

I sat in the library book in hand. His library was unbelievable, I'd never seen so many books in a home. Of course I went to the Boston Public library or Elmer Homes Bobst constantly but this was something else. He had thousands of books.

It was so mesmerizing, his collection was art. Besides his art collection, that was a whole other story. His home was insane and the fact this wasn't his first or main residence was even more crazy.

I was leaning against the bay window painted a cyan blue, the embroidered cushion underneath was a beautiful aged floral pattern. Infront of me, isles of book cases stacked wall to wall. It was magical in a way, books were my escape and always had been.

Though he didn't have any scandalous books from the looks of it. Which was a disappointment on my part. Hundreds and hundreds of books and nothing too spicy for me to read. He wasn't as much of an exciting lit freak as I thought.

A knock came and I looked to see a man standing tall "madam, I'm Austen" I giggled how ironic austen in a library

"Sorry, continue" he nodded

"You have people upstairs waiting to get you ready, I must send you up there now" I closed my book nodding, I didn't know who or what to expect upstairs. But I was guessing it had to do with Halloween

"Nice to meet you Austen, you don't have to call me madam... just Lila will do. I laughed because I was reading Jane Austen's Emma for the hundredth time and your name is.. well" he then to laughed slightly.

"Ah I see, it's nice to meet you Lila" I walked past him through the library and back to the main hall. Walking up the marble steps I heard voices down the hall and when I maid it to the top Ace stood talking to some guy.

"Hello?" I questioned.

"You're late" He snarled.

I wasn't putting up with a tude today, especially from him "sorry I was reading" I walked down the hall and turned into the room stopping.

Racks of Halloween costumes stood "I was thinking more so devil horns and a halo, this is interesting" the man, standing 5'1 just below me in a suit scanned me.

"I'm Todd Hendricks fashion designer, you may have heard of me. I'll be dressing you two for the party with designs I created" I just nodded, I had no idea who this man was.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Miss Love, you two are probably the hottest couple out there right now" my eyes widened.

"What do you mean? People don't know me?" His eyes shifted from me to Ace confused.

"You two are trending everywhere dear, Ace Rossi's girlfriend. Everyone wants to know you, correction be you" I looked to Ace.

"What did you expect I was with you all day at NYU?" He said nonchalant.

"You're seriously all that" I scoffed.

"And a bag of chips dear" Todd added.

Ace's phone buzzed and he looked down to it "I'll be right back, it's my father" he left the room leaving me and Todd.

"You're stunning it's quite painful, gosh what I'd do for your skin and those genes" I laughed at his words "it won't take us too long to get ready with the gifts you have" I rolled my eyes.