Ch. 7 | Unwanted Memories

1.4k words, Enjoy!

❛ It'll do my soul some good

❛ It'll do my soul some good.. ❜

Begin_

Y/N's POV.

"Alright, I'm sensing probably... one big curse.. and perhaps it's smaller replica's roaming around. Most likely to protect it. Big one's a special grade and the smaller ones are ranging from grade 2-4" I set my bet. "What do you think ?" I look over at Yuta.

"I'm sensing... I don't feel like losing so I agree with you" He looks over at me smiling and walks away.

"Hey!! That's not fair!!" I jog up to him and push his shoulder. He starts laughing and opens the door. I grab his wrist and he looks at me.

"No way i'm letting what happened last time happen again." I give him a serious look and he smiles softly with a small blush.

We walk in with me still gripping onto his wrist. I feel a tug on my shirt and look over at Yuta, who's already looking at me.

"Don't you usually put on your blindfold ?" he asks, "If you forgot you can put it on now while I hold onto your shirt." I nod and pull out my blindfold, taking off my glasses and putting the cloth on quickly. I was about to grab onto his wrist again when I felt him grab mine and slip his other hand into mine, intertwining our fingers. I looked at him a bit flustered from the sudden action.

"It's more convenient than just gripping my wrist, just so you know that I'm holding on too and if I let go it's urgent." He gave me a reassuring smile, but something about the way he said those words gave my heart a warm feeling and my stomach the tickling sensation of butterflies. I smile back and nod, turning my attention back to the mission.

I start walking with Yuta behind me, trying to sense out any nearby curses. We come up to a door and we both give it a push, opening up to a staircase.

"It reeks of cursed energy.." I mumble.

"Disgusting.." I hear Yuta mumble as well.

We continue walking up each staircase, until we both come to a halt.

"One grade two curse on this floor." I pause and take a gentle breath through my nose. "And two grade three's on the next one." I state looking over at Yuta and opened my mouth to speak again.

"No." I hear him immediately say before he looks back at me. "We are not splitting up."

"Okkotsu-" I tried to speak and explain.