Part 1

Sasuke Uchiha had never particularly liked anybody. It had always been that way until he met his teammate Naruto Uzumaki. Through ups and downs, these rivals have slowly begun to form a friendship, however, past that friendship, Sasuke has felt something more.

Back when they were students at the academy, Naruto's ways of expressing himself, his energy, and his happy way of looking at the world attracted Sasuke's attention. He couldn't help but notice his sun-kissed skin, adorable whiskers, ocean blue eyes, and hair the color of sunflowers.

But, he was the village idiot. Not someone worthy of an Uchiha's love, according to the standards of many important family figures before Sasuke. Yet... he couldn't deny that with Naruto, he felt amazing as if he were flying up in the clouds, and leaving the Earth's atmosphere.

Sasuke laid on his bed, images of Naruto and all the interactions they've had swirling around in his brain, from their accidental kiss to Naruto attempting to save him in the Land of Waves.

What is this strange feeling... I've never felt anything like it before...

Sasuke turned to his side and slightly blushed. Even if he maybe liked Naruto, it would never work out. Naruto liked Sakura and thought Sasuke was an emo jerk. Sasuke sighed and closed his eyes, the images that had appeared earlier continuing to float around in his mind until he felt sleep overcome him.

-🍥-

Naruto woke up, a bit drowsy until he remembered that he had a mission to get briefed on later that morning. He sprang out of bed and skid out of his room, running past dirty clothing and ramen cups littering the floor. He opened his cupboard, searching past empty plastic cups until he found his treasure: a full cup of instant ramen.

After a breakfast that was identical to every breakfast before that, Naruto took a cold shower, changed into his matching jacket and pants, tied on his shinobi headband, and strapped on his sandals. He ran out of his apartment room, down the stairs, and into the Konoha street.

As he ran past the shops, he spotted a familiar head of raven hair. Naruto skidded to a stop before he could run into him.

"Oi, Sasuke!" Naruto yelled into his friend's ear.

Sasuke turned around and faced Naruto, his face contorting into a glare. However, there was something in his onyx eyes that was different, as if the Uchiha heir didn't mean the face he was making.

As Naruto stared into the pale boy's face, his cheeks turned a tad pink as he saw his friend's handsome face for the first time that day.

"Watch it, idiot. Someday my eardrum's gonna burst and it'll be your fault," Sasuke snapped.

"Right, sorry for you being so grumpy this morning," Naruto said in an annoying voice.

Sasuke looked away, a bit annoyed that he and Naruto were always fighting. He wished that it had never been that way from the start, confessing to him would be so much easier. That is, if he ever did confess the strange feelings he's still figuring out to the Kyuubi container.

"Now's not the time for us to fight, you usuratonkachi. We have a mission today."

With that, they walked side by side to the Hokage's office.