Part 9

Imagine having cliffhangers? Could not be me writing fanfiction on Wattpad.

(By the way, this is a pretty long chapter. Like 1875 words long.)

-🍥-

"AH! HELP! SASUKE, NARUTO, SOMEONE!"

Naruto stopped looking at the clouds and watched the scene unfold, standing up quickly and yelling, "HOLD ON SAKURA!"

Sasuke stood up too, and the two boys ran towards the Doragon member. Before they could get to him though, a woman appeared before them, laughing maniacally.

"You won't be saving your friend today," she said, grinning madly. Naruto glanced over the woman, seeing the burly man pick Sakura up from the neck.

"Sasuke, I'll cover for you. Go kunai knife the guy or something! You were always so amazing at that!" Naruto told Sasuke while putting his fingers together in the Shadow Clone Jutsu sign. "SHADOW CLONE JUTSU!"

Sasuke lowered himself and ran quickly in between the different shadow clones, blushing a bit at the amount of Narutos. He would never get used to it. Sasuke, you idiot, aren't you supposed to be saving Sakura?

The onyx-eyed boy rose from the maze of people and threw a kunai at the perfect angle, hitting the shinobi squarely on the neck. He threw another one, landing in his chest, right above his heart. The masked man dressed in black gasped for air and let go of Sakura, reaching for the two kunai. Sakura backed away on her hands and knees, knowing that as much as the ninja tried, it would be no use.

As soon as the Doragon member lifted the bloody weapons out of his body, he touched a finger to his ear, speaking quietly. Sasuke barely heard what he said, but what he did hear was, "...genin are a bit advanced... call in more troops...must stop them from reaching the village..."

And with that, he poofed into smoke, leaving a single log in his place. Sakura and Sasuke glanced at each other, feeling a bit stupid for fighting a substitution. Sakura stood up, running in Kakashi's direction. He was fighting the ninja with only his fists and she could see that his pack was on the grass, elements from inside it strewn all over the forest. 

Sakura threw a throwing star, barely missing the woman that Kakashi was fighting. That was enough to distract her. The masked lady turned around and looked at Sakura. "Well, well, well, what do we have here? A little girl defending her sens-"

Kakashi grabbed a knife from the ground and was plunging it straight into her heart. She gasped and glanced at Kakashi with watery eyes, slumping onto the ground. 

Meanwhile, Sasuke was watching Naruto's battle with the pony-tailed, crazy lady without a mask. It looked like he had the upper hand. He now had a swirling blue ball in his palm and was yelling, "RASENGAN!" as he charged toward the lady. She had a frantic look in her eye, but it soon was gone, replaced by another evil grin. "You're no match for me. Doragon landscape transporting Jutsu!"

What happened next was something no Team 7 member had ever seen before. The land around them began swirling and swirling into darkness. Naruto was stuck in his place, almost floating, and the Rasengan was fading away. He saw that the lady was walking around, taunting his teammate's frozen figures. The only thing that moved was everybody's eyes. Kakashi used his Sharingan, taking the whole Jutsu in for future use.

Soon, the darkness was replaced with a rocky landscape with few trees, surrounding a seemingly endless waterfall. A seemingly endless waterfall that Naruto was about to fall into! He couldn't stop himself at all, seeing he still had the effects from his running start when he was going to use the Rasengan, and how one of his feet was now stepping into empty space.