Part 5

Sasuke and Naruto woke up, the sun bleeding through the tent's cloth walls. Sasuke sat up on his bed, pushing the hair out of his face. He took his towel and a bar of soap, holding them tight. Sasuke has always been tidy and when he found a nearby river, he decided that he would take a bath there. 

The Uchiha went into Naruto's tent, closing the flap behind him, and kneeling down near the blonde's face. He looks so adorable when he sleeps... But, he has to wake up at some point.

"Naruto," Sasuke said, flicking Naruto's forehead with two fingers.

"Ow... five more minutes..."

"Dobe, we're behind schedule. I'm going to take a bath at the river. You'll find me there."

Naruto slowly opened his eyes, meeting Sasuke's handsome gaze, and blushed, trying to will his face to obey him some time. "I might as well go too."

Naruto gathered his things and they set off on their way to the river. "I'll go on that side," Sasuke said, pointing to the right. "You go to the left."

"No, no, no. I go on the right, and you go on the left!" Naruto harumphed.

"It wouldn't make a difference, but fine."

-🍥-

Both boys were ready and all packed up.

"Naruto, want to try to carry the medicine this time?" Sasuke teased.

"Why you little-" Naruto started. "Hmph. Fine, yeah I get stronger every day." He took the pack from Sasuke and slung it along his back, personal pack in his arms. "Huh. It's not as bad as the other day."

"You were probably just being dramatic then."

"Oi!"

With that, they jumped into the trees and into the forest. "There's not much left to go to get to the Land of Rivers. Hopefully, if we pick up the pace on our way back, we can get there today at midnight, or if we want to sleep, tomorrow in the morning." Naruto noticed some daisies sticking out of Sasuke's pack. Sasuke kept the bouquet after all.

"Well I want to get back as soon as possible, so the Hokage knows that we are awesome shinobi!"

"I heard Kakashi say that the day after tomorrow, we'll be on another mission, together as Team 7."

"Oh yeah! It's because Sakura's coming tomorrow! When she finds out that I went on a mission with her Sasuke, she'll get all demon-like, believe it! She's always punching me..."

Sasuke gazed at Naruto. "I won't let her punch you."

Naruto got flustered. "I can stand up for myself, ya know."

"Speaking of Sakura. You were always so obsessed with her, weren't you? Even though she punched you for doing nothing." Sasuke stare off into the woods, hoping Naruto's response was the one he was looking for.

"Oh, that? Yeah, I did have a crush on Sakura but... Let's just say I realized that the only reason I liked her was because of her looks," Naruto admitted, making a cute face.

Sasuke felt like he just won the lottery. "Really?" He said, trying to sound as disinterested as possible.

"Uh-huh. But, there is somebody... Well, they're somebody really important to me, and I think I love them. I don't think I'm ready to tell them yet though... or tell you who it is."