16: Swarm chaos

I moved a step to the right "All yours now" I said, pointing to the place I was standing.

He smirked and moved to where he got a view of the yard. He pulled a cigarette from his pocket and a lighter.

"No wonder you were slow at the combats," I said with a grin "how can you fight right if you can't breathe right"

He growled but didn't say a thing. Lucky him, I was in a great mood to be an annoying bitch.

"Tell me, why don't you have a mate?" I asked jumping on the short wall, my back in the air, and my legs swinging on the inside.

He moved away and I dragged my but next to him.

"You know I can just push you and I will get rid of you forever"

"Not really. My brothers will have your head buried next to my feet in case I died. But I'm trained on falling from high places. Not properly trained but I have fallen from cliffs to the point I can land on my feet with minimum injuries. So no, you can't get rid of me that easy" I answered with a big smile

"You will be dead once you sit foot outside the land" he threatened.

"So will be half your fighters," I said not missing a beat. "You didn't answer, why don't you have a mate?"

"Who said I don't"

"No mark" I answered with a duh. "I will tell you what I think"

"I don't wanna hear it," he said moving away.

I drugged my butt next to him again "You don't have a choice"

He growled, his wolf on the surface trying to cower me away.

"That doesn't work on me swarmy. Now, the first possibility is that already found a mate and you reject her. I mean, you look like a power-hungry freak, and maybe your mate was in a lower rank and you wanted a strong Luna. But if that was true, you would have mated someone else which you didn't. That leaves me with two other explanations, either you are gay and hiding your mate, or she's dead"

He growled again harshly.

"Dead huh? Let me guess, killed by rogues like your father?"

"While giving birth to my daughter"

"Damn, you got a daughter, how old are you? Haven't you been alpha for only two years?"

"She's dead too" he answered in a flat tone. "Killed by rogues"

I shut up. Not knowing what to say.

"Who killed her? I promise I will bring his head to your doorstep. I got access to every rogue in the country. I might be on their side but murdering pups is not something we stand for"

He laughed "He's already dead, thank you. Why don't you help me get the rogue who killed my father"

"Nah, he was a grown-up alpha who could defend himself. He got a fair chance to fight"

"No, he didn't, it was an assassination. Those rogues dragged him into a trap and slaughtered everyone. They were well prepared and outnumbering them"

"That's not true. It was a normal raid that went wrong. The alpha tried to hunt them and he got what he asked for" I answered with the same smile.

He growled "You know who they were"

"Maybe"

"What's your price? For their names and locations"

I stood on my feet. Taking a step closer to him. "To become your Luna" I whisper

His eyes winded and he opened his mouth "No offense, you are strong and beautiful but I can't make you my Luna."