8 : Moon Land

Ben stood still, he knew if he made a move he will be the next. Thunder released him. And we walked inside along with Lizley, holding Zander's bruised knuckles.

The land was vast, more than our promised hole, and even more than any pack I have ever trespassed. A big white hotel was in the middle, like a palace. It was big enough to host all the werewolves in the country. As I heard, it was funded by the packs, they pay lots of money to make this ceremony. Hundreds of cars were lined outside as we approached. My wolf was growing anxious by the second, the miasmic aroma of the swarmies was overwhelming.

I leaned between Zander and Thunder. Trying so hard to control my wolf instinct that was fighting me to run away.

"Regretting already?" Alia smirked

"Shut up" I mumbled as I pulled my walls up and broke our link so she doesn't feel me. Zander sat his hand on my arm the same time Thunder brushed on my back. I shivered, quickly gaining back my enthusiasm.

We stood in front of the colossal door, fascinated by the golden drawings of wolves and moons that were engraved all over it.

I looked at my family with a joyful smile "Who's not ready for the tremendous fun we are about to have"

Alia, of course, raised her hand "Me"

"Cheer up Alia" I called, pushing the door open.

There were harmonious sounds and laughter, tens of werewolves were chatting in the massive hall, but as we stepped inside, with our camping backpacks and sloppy clothes and dirty appearance. I could only imagine how my hair was looking from the shifts, since Alia's was definitely not assuring. The booming sounds were switched to a piercing silence in seconds.

Thunder kept brushing on my back, all of us smirking in satisfaction for the attention we got. I took notice of males moving in front of the females, protecting them or I don't know what the hell they were trying to do.

I checked them out, the females were wearing fancy jewelry and colorful dresses, with tones of lipstick, she-wolves were beautiful by nature, I don't get why are they covering their beauty with makeup. And isn't it annoying when you shift? Lipstick on wolves is not the cutest thing ever. There were no other rogues in the hall.
I swaggered inside but stopped immediately when everyone else in there took a step back.

"What the fuck" I whispered to myself, but they were probably able to hear me.

I took one step forward again but no one moved, so I did the first thing my brilliant brain proposed. I took a deep breath, looking at everyone in the eyes and I jumped as high as could make the loudest noise possible with my feet. The males rapidly took attacking positions ready to pounce as gasps and yells crossed the female groups.

I muttered loudly "What the fuck is wrong with these swarms! Cooldownn before you pop a nerve"

The males growled, giving their deadliest frowns. I felt the authority wolves trying to cower my wolf, who was being tickled to death.

A giggle came from one of the females but it was soon shut. Zander chuckled moving past me with his mate "I love it already".

Liz didn't look all that happy with our epic entrance. She kept her eyes on the ground. I sat an arm around her shoulders "You've been here before right? Any idea where we should go now?"

She looked at me uncertain "Yeah.. the reception." She pointed to a long marvel table where some old she-wolves stood behind it in uniforms.
Before we could move. The door behind us opened and I turned to see a very bloodied peace ambassador and Ben.

Whispers spread over the hall and Alia chortled "Ooh, imagine if they don't have a security camera at the gate"

Oh shit.