18: Back home

We shifted and stood there. Waiving at the cars, tired and hopeless.

Zander finally moved away from the tree he was leaning on for the past 20 minutes "We are 4 people. No human will pick us up this early."

"He's right" Alia seconded him "Although humans intend to trust groups more than individuals, our looks are not helping." she pointed at our homeless clothes.

I shrugged "We can't just sit here forever. I'm hungry."

As I said that, a car stopped for us. The black glass of the window opened and slowly, a familiar scent hit me. There was a man inside. His blue eyes were on Thunder before he looked back at me."Need a ride Rainbow?""The fucking Jud! You asshole it's been like what? 2 years?""One actually. I'm flattered you're counting through.""Yea! Counting the years it took me to rebuild my reputation.""You still holding that on me? I left an apology letter.""The one that says Oops, my tongue slip? You told a fucking army of rogues I fucked a swarmy you asshole."his eyes rolled, "I was drunk and it was your fault, you told me while you knew I can't keep a secret.""Kejud.. were you going back to camp?" Alia asked him, not caring about the reunion moment we were having.

But I wasn't done yet. Not until I see blood "Come out here so I can rip your snitching tongue off! Snitching bastard."

He ignored me "Baby Alia, I thought you guys might need an extra pair of claws and teeth in the upcoming war."

Thunder growled when he heard the first word, but Kejud paid him no attention."We don't need your help." Thunder snarled, getting up and taking Alia in his arms. He didn't really get along with Kejud. Well, Kejud was a snitch. No one got along with him except for Angel and Alia. And they don't count.

"Not yet-" opening the passenger seat's door he gestured for us, "Get in."

Before he finished the sentence I was already inside the car, ripping out his face like a rabid cat. "RAT FUCKING SNITCHING DOG."

Alia was pulling me out and Thunder was awkwardly trying to shield her from my cicking legs. 

Kejud opened his door and got out of the car. I tried to follow but Alia was holding me."Let go of me!"

"No. Don't let go of her!" Yelled Kejud from far away. Holding his bloodied face. I don't know if it was his nose that I broke or his teeth. Or both.

Another car pulled aside. A human got out cautiously. He was eyeing the bleeding Kejud and then me, who was fighting to get out of Alia's grip.

"Should I call an ambulance? Or police?"

What! No! No fucking police! Never get involved with police, ever!

Before we got into trouble I quickly got my wolf under control "Maybe you can call a divorce lawyer! He has been cheating on me on our family road trip!" I faked a tear "I'm two months pregnant! How could he do this to me!"

"It's okay sir, we're fine.. there's no need to call anyone," Kejud told him, then turned back to me in puppy eyes "I told you! She kissed me!"

"And you kissed her back!" I said throwing my head over Alia's shoulder crying. With no tears of course.. I never learned how to get water out of my eyeballs.

The man was now confused, questioning himself why is he in the middle of a strange family drama.

Alia patted my back "Really sir. I will take care of her. Thank you for your concern."He nodded to her briefly and got back in his car driving away.