4 : Moon Godess's Games.

I finally traced the last word, writing wasn't my biggest strengths, I glanced over the note "Back in 10 days, or dead" and placed it on Angel's bed table.

Why Angel? Because she is the only one that will be worried about us, Dad would cheer us to go actually but we didn't bother telling him.

I packed my stuff, clothes, and some stollen food and money and went to Zander who did the same "Where are they?"

"Here" Thunder answered behind me. Holding one big bag, Alia jogging behind him with her own. She was trying to lose the braids of her thick black hair, it was very annoying when you shift.

"Are you sure about this guys? We should take more wolves. Our low number makes us vulnerable against the warriors. 2 years ago three rogues-"

"Meh, we will easily outrun the fat swarmies" I cut Alia. Making my way up to the waterfall where we will shift.

"They are muscled, like big sets of protein that will smash your head in a swift. Not fat!" she explained.

"I didn't train my whole life to get killed by a swarmy in a peace ceremony"

Alia took a breath, which means we were about to hear some complicated stuff we're too dumb to understand "85% of rogues get killed by anti rogue warriors, 5% by infection, and bleeding to death. And only 10% grow old and survive until they die by natural causes."

"I will be one of the 85%, I don't mind, as long as I take down lots of warriors with me" Zander cheered

"Didn't you already took down enough? I only killed about 7 swarmies, I will be one of the 10% making sure to rip their heads until I can't chase a chicken on two" I said, sharing the memory of old Louis over the link.

"My chances to die of my experiments are pretty high" Alia muttered, I saw Thunder shivering at the idea and hugging her closer.

"What about you?" I asked Thunder.

"I know I will get my ass killed saving one of your asses"

Zander agreed "Yah"
And I did the same "I bet you will"

Alia nodded too. We didn't doubt it one bit.

After half a day of running across the state, we held our bags high with our teeth, as we crossed the river and headed to one of the caves we spent nights at before. Alia shifted from her black wolf to gather firewood as Zander and I went to hunt. But after 5 minutes of running behind rabbits, We decided fishing is less energy-consuming. While Thunder went to scout if the place was safe to spend the night. We were 5 miles away from the Shadow pack. It was safe enough but we always check first. We never know when warriors can run around.
10 minutes later, we gathered at the cave. It was dinner time and the sun already hiding behind the horizon.

"I will take the first shift" Zander proposed.

"Okay, wake me up when you start getting sleepy," I said, pushing my legs inside the sleeping bag.

It wasn't a long sleep before Thunder was shaking me "Hey, wake up. Shh, don't make a sound" He whispered.

I got up quickly with my hand on my new blade and scanned the cave around me. Alia woke up too, the same reaction we all rogues have. Always your hand on your knife before anything else.

'werewolves, they don't smell like rogues' Zander linked us all.

I sniffed the air, but I was too deep in the cave to smell them.

'Where?' I asked taking silent steps toward the entry where Zander was watching.

'About half a mile north or less. They sat fire'