LETTERS X

Madelyn gasped audibly wide eyed on seeing James Potter remove the blonde wig he was wearing shortly while glaring at Sirius who was very much amused.

"You were..?" Madelyn didnt know how to even go further than that, James clenched his jaw at Sirius, "Yes, I was."

"This is cruel." Madelyn exasperated turning to Sirius who only twitched with a smirk, "And what you did was nothing different."

Madelyn looked away slightly pissed. What I did was in a way cute, I guess?

"You said I wont need to reveal myself." James hissed to Sirius, clicking his tongue Sirius put a hand over James' shoulder, "Sorry mate, you owe me."

He was still joking, Madelyn knew, by the way he was acting so casual and light hearted. She crossed her arms over her chest, "I do not appreciate all this, you could have simply told me the day you found out and I would have put an end to it."

"What if I didnt want that?" Sirius hummed arching an eyebrow, Madelyn stayed quiet not knowing what to say to that. Sirius turned to James, "See you later mate, Thanks for the help."

James huffed tossing the wig in Sirius' hand and turned to Madelyn, "Dont tell Lily about this, please."

"Surely wont." Madelyn assured as she never planned over it knowing how hard James had worked all these years just to get Lily like him even a little bit.

"So, do you want to go around or sit here?" Sirius asked once James left, Madelyn again had no answer. Had she already signed in for a date with him? Not that she could deny but how could she even say yes?

"I'd like to go around." She said surprising herself with her confidence, Sirius nodded with a small smile which she tried to ignore already leaving followed by him. He stepped forward opening the door for her not missing the impressed glance that she passed him.

She couldn't believe it was all actually happening. She was on a date with her crush. On her way she recognised many students from Hogwarts who gawked at the two as they walked along, mostly girls having shocked faces seeing an unexpected girl with The Sirius Black.

"Where'd you like to go first?" He asked almost politely. When she first came here today, she planned ro have ice cream as soon as her spying ended and as now it had ended, she shrugged, "Ice-cream?"

"Sure." He smiled and again she looked away, she couldnt ever bear to look at his smiling and not feel like melting. The two made their way to the ice cream parlour, "Black Current, please."

She again ignored the eyebrow that was raised at her, he was clearly enjoying her like this, she knew. He went in to take their orders, bringing two Black current ice creams, handing her hers, and it would have been evident the way her breath hitched when their fingers brushed.

"Thanks." She muttered turning away a bit trying focus on her ice cream and not the arrogantly handsome boy standing beside her.

"So how come we never came across in these seven years?" He licked the melted ice cream that was about to drip. Madelyn cleared her throat softly, "We actually did and as expected you dont remember."

His face morphed in question. She sighed, "It was potions class, and you were having trouble cutting the ingredients so I helped you— forget it you probably dont remember—"

"It was in fifth year, right?" He asked and her eyes widened slightly in surprise as he actually remembered. She nodded slowly, he grinned, "I remember it, we were sharing seats that time."

"Glad to know you have a good memory." She remarked trying to hide a small smile. After finishing their ice creams, they roamed a bit in Zonko's and in the end getting a butterbeer before both decided to go back.

"So will you stop writing those letters now?" He asked in a slow small voice and it almost sounded like he was hoping for a 'no' in answer.

She looked up at him, "Do you want me to?"

He stared at her for a while and slowly a small smile tug at his lips as he shook his head softly, "Nope, keep writing, I enjoyed it."

Shee ducked her head down trying to hide the smile after the way he said it, "Okay then, I wont stop writing."

She just hoped her face was not red again.

When the two once reached Hogwarts and stood in their common room facing each other, both simply stared at each other not knowing what to say. Madelyn hoped she would return and tell him 'Bye' and call it a day, but right now standing in front of him she was finding it hard to leave.

"I liked it today." He said scratching the back of his neck lightly with a sheepish smile. She nodded pursing her lips in a smile, "I did too."

He looked down at her, "Okay then, I'll see you around I guess?"

She nodded, "Yeah sure."

She waved at him with a small friendly yet flustered smile before turning to her dorm, "Bye, Sirius."

You guys already guessed it was James!!! I am so bad at keeping suspense

Please Vote & Comment!🤍
Its free!!✨