LETTERS XIV

Madelyn waited for Alyssa and Remus to come, it was five in the evening now, the time they decided to meet. Alyssa had told Mady that she'd be coming atleast five minutes late after Remus arrives, that was her strategy.

Alyssa had also pleaded Mady to keep the best spot in the cafe empty for the two at that time, and Mady had succeeded by telling Josephine to chill on the best spot in the cafe and enjoying the feels of a boss.

The door opened with the ring of bell and Madelyn jerked sharply to see it was Remus. She internally squealed. She was going to witness her best friend's date. Remus looked around the cafe and held a disappointed frown as all the tables were occupied.

Madelyn gasped inaudibly from behind the counter and passed a sharp eyed looked to Josephine to get up from the table she was about to doze off on. Josephine jerked up as she realised that the guest has arrived.

"You can sit here, young man." Josephine offered the seat to Remus who thanked her with a polite smile. Madelyn had her hands clasped on her heart when she saw Remus put down a beautiful blue colored flower on the table. Blue was Alyssa's favourite color!

"He's so sweet and perfect." Josephine whisper gushed coming near Madelyn who grinned nodding her head excitedly.

It was just two minutes later when Alyssa stepped in looking all gorgeous and pretty in the cafe. Remus' neck turned in her direction and he stopped moving. Madelyn was loving watching all of it.

Before moving in Remus' direction, Alyssa made sure to shoot an inconspicuous wink at Madelyn who was aiming thumbs up at her. Alyssa went to settle across Remus and he slowly and shyly gave her the cute blue flower and all the hearts fluttered that were watching that scene.

"Go, go, go!" Josephine ushered Madelyn to go and take their order, as she made her way nervously to them. What if unlike others, Remus remembered her? Well it'd be better if he didnt.

"Good evening," Madelyn smiled placing the menu on the table and saw how Remus was surprised on seeing her there. His shocked gaze was not helping her nervousness. So he did recognise her, "Madelyn?"

"Yes sir," Madelyn didnt know how she felt at the moment. Glad, nervous, cheeky, all of that. Before Remus could remark of her existence there, she cut in quickly, "Its my working hour right now, please tell me what would you like to place for the order."

"How professional." Alyssa grinned gaining a short playful glare. An awkward Remus asked Alyssa for what would she want and the two placed the order letting Madelyn go and exhale the heavy amount of air she was beholding.

Hours went by sitting in the same place until it was nine. Alyssa and Remus talked too much which had Madelyn wondering if the two will know each and every single detail about each other on their first date. They just couldn't seem to get enough of each other. Plus it was Alyssa who wanted to be there till last, so that the three gryffindors could have a little talk together.

Madelyn was highly impressed and admired how Alyssa was playing it off on her date, she was so confident, had the perfect humour timing, sitting with her Remus never seemed to be getting bored or tired, he was evidently enjoying his time with her.

Meanwhile Madelyn, couldnt help but be awkward everytime she made eye contact with Remus. For some reasons she felt the need to know what was going inside his head whenever he looked at her and acknowledged she was working as a waitress after graduating. She noted mentally to clear it all the same day that it was just a side job and what she was actually trying to pursue was an amazing job.

Her life goal was to help the young witches and wizards with special needs. She wanted to establish a firm in which such people would be helped to discover and develop the inner magic within them. Her dream job was decided when she was only twelve and read about such witches and wizards in a magazine. It all started from there.