LETTERS XII

"I swear to god, this feels over the moon!" Alyssa exclaimed with a bright smile, Madelyn shook her head smiling and turning back to stare outside the window, watching the trees, valleys and mountains pass by.

The seventh years graduated today in Hogwarts and after their last day they were all going back to their homes. Most of them were overwhelmed and cried a lot on the thought of never coming back to that wonderful place ever again.

Seven years spent in the beautiful castle were surely the best years of anyone's life. The journey was going to be overwhelmingly memorable. They made friends, some found love, some found family. The seven years contained of too many emotions to fit in a day. They smiled, laughed, cried, celebrated, fought and lived together.

It was one eventful ride.

How would it feel to remember the days spent here. Those bonds made over here were something else. With friends, professors, ghosts and even animals. All of them were beautiful in their own way. And one such bond was that Madelyn would remember throughout her life.

Other than Alyssa, her best friend, it was Sirius who would be missed a lot by her. Just in a year, he was able to have such a special place in her heart.

She already missed him. She vividly remembered the last time they met. In library, and that day was just something else. They almost kissed.

And after that he left her longing for him to come back and even say a hi to her. But she knew it was not his fault, not his alone. She was equally guilty of having their conversation died down as neither him nor her opened their diaries ever.

N.E.W.T.s were to be held guilty for all this. She was always busy studying so he never got a chance to approach her and when she got freed after the exams, they were already graduating.

And even today she could only watch him from afar, enjoying, dancing and partying with his friends. She smiled watching him so lively and jovial, that bright cheery look suited him a lot.

So just like that, she was okay in having a glance of him. That was enough. He too could see her sitting with her friends and chatting amiably. She was so calm and composed, total opposite of him. And to be honest, that was the most attractive quality about her in his opinion. 

He wished he could excuse his friends and go to sit with her and have a nice little chat with her. He craved to hear from her. Her voice always felt missing from his ears. Wish he could go.

But it was too late, they were already returning back home. And who knows if they would ever get a chance to meet each other again. The diary stuffed in his trunk was the only hope he had. He held onto that little hope.

And just like that, the journey ended and they found themselves standing at the King's Cross Section one last time, not actually last, but that could be the last for a decade or two, as they could return back to the station to bid their kids goodbye for the beginning of their Hogwarts journey.

"I am going to miss you the most-test!" Alyssa hugged Madelyn tightly, holding onto her best friend longer. Madelyn pulled away slightly not completely detaching, "We will stay in touch once you return from Greece."

Alyssa was going to her hometown in Greece, to meet her parents once and then she pursue her career in Britain. Whereas, Madelyn hadnt the faintest idea of her life after her schooling. She would simply go back to her parents house in a town near London, and will decide what she had to do in future.

As soon as Alyssa spotted her parents standing at the station to receive her, she left giving one last long hug to Madelyn, leaving her waiting for someone else.

Madelyn's eyes roamed around for the familiar face of Sirius Black not being able go spot him anywhere in the crowd of Hogwarts students. A tiny hope of meeting him one laat time before they departed, kept her standing there for more than twenty minutes. She even went around searching for him but he was nowhere to be found.

At last Madelyn had no other option to leave with a unwilling heart. She slowly dragged her feet out of the station in hopes of him suddenly coming out of nowhere and call her name stopping her. But no, nothing like thag happened.

She sighed softly with a small smile, Its Okay. She didnt allow her heart to feel sad about not meeting him one last time. It was not like she was going to go home and cry about it, all she wanted was to have one last word with him before they leave and never meet again.

Madelyn took the bus leading her to her hometown, glancing at the station longingly, her eyes never bulging off.

But finally they did, when the bus moved on, and did she.

"I think she's gone." Remus breathed out breathlessly, as the four friends stood out of the station tired of searching for Madelyn Jones. Four split in each direction as Sirius told them because he too wanted to meet her one last time.

"No, she must be somewhere here." Sirius denied to believe Madelyn left without meeting him, just the thought of it was disheartening to him.

"Hey, Brooks!" James called after a hufflepuff boy from their year, "Have you seen Madelyn Jones?"

"I think I saw her getting on a bus, five minutes ago." The boy answered meanwhile staring weirdly at the four boys as what would they want from Madelyn.

"Are you sure?" James tried to confirm. Brooks nodded with a mundane look, "I am sure Potter, I know how she looks, I saw her got on the bus literally five minutes ago, She left."

"Oh," Thats all Sirius could say.

She left?

Why were the two words hurting him so much? Sirius gulped in his throat that was going dry, and nodded turning around. His friends stared gravely at him, what was happening to him?

"Let's go, mate." Sirius said coming back with his and James' trunks, handing James' to his. James exchanged weary glance with his other friends, before turning to Sirius, "You can meet her again mate, do you know her address?"

Sirius stared at him for a second before shaking his head, no he didnt know her address.

"So what?" Remus attempted, "You have that diary, talk to her in that."

Sirius was about to say something but pursed his lips and nodded. The other three smiled and started leaving, Sirius with a slightly heavy heart and a question in his mind.

Will he be able to meet her again?

What if they actually dont meet again and this story ends like that?

Please Vote and Comment!🤍
Drop some love!💫❤️