LETTERS XI

Madelyn flipped another page of the heavy of transfiguration. N.E.W.T.s were on head and every seventh year in Hogwarts had their heads buried in the books all the time.

Its been almost a month since she had gone spying on Sirius and his date who later turned out to be none other than James Potter. Her and Sirius later hanged out together going to several places in Hogsmeade.

And since then she hadnt had a word with him. They barely talked at all. Just a few secretive smiling glances in the great hall or in the common room, thats all that had went through between them.

Right now after a couple of hours sitting in the library, when many people came in and went and nobody cared. She had her head immersed in the books as she couldnt afford to get bad grades this year, she had promised her father to pass the exams with flying colors but at this moments she was starting to doubt herself.

"Hey there, frowning princess!" Her frown deepened on the name and suddenly eyebrows shot up as someone sat beside her, Sirius Black, in the library.

"This is library, Sirius!" She whisper exclaimed wide eyed, he resisted the urge to smile at her adorable face, but hummed staying quiet, "Hm, I know, so what?"

"What are you doing in library?" She questioned and he held a deadpanned look. Immediately she broke into a wide smile seeing his expression.

"Ha ha, very funny." He scoffed. She chuckled turning back to her book ignoring the butterflies swinging in her stomach after having him sitting beside her after so long.

She would hate to accpet it but she missed him, a lot.

"But seriously, what are you doing here?" She asked once again knowing he surely wasnt there to study like the rest of the school.

"I was just roaming around and then saw you cussing at these heavy books—"

"I was not cussing."

"Sure."

She pursed her lips hiding the natural smile on her face due to him, "But that still doesnt explain what are you doing here?"

"You didnt let me finish, I was just getting there," He said giving her a smart look, "I saw you from there and then came here, did I do anything wrong?"

"Ofcourse not." She said, he grinned tossing a nice looking stone in his hands, she wondered where and why did he had it. Her eyes took a quick glance at his face and she concurred she could not study, not now.

"Actually you did," She said catching the stone in midway when he tossed it, making him look at her questioningly, "I came here to study and was having a bit of a hard time with it and now that you've come, I cant study at all. You'll distract me."

He smirked, "I guess, I'll take that as a complement. But if I am that big of a distraction, I can leave if you want."

"What if I say, I dont want that?" She flirted with great courage and adernaline rushing within her. After their date, she had grown confidence to flirt with him healthily and he surely passed the vibe check.

"Then I wont go." He shrugged with a smile playing on his lips. Her cheeks colored red faintly as she peered down in the book.

"As you wish but let me study, dont disturb me." She murmured trying to sound strict but failed ending up smiling again. He nodded playfully and pulled a book pretending to be busy with it, while both enjoyed each other's silent company.

He playfully read the sentences loud enough to disturb her and she knew studying wasnt possible beside the creature she sat.

She closed her book and turned to him leaning towards the table, "Okay now, what's your problem? Why are you not letting me study?—"

"Shh." He interrupted her quickly placing a finger on her lips as the librarian, Madam Pince stepped in and if she would have heard the loudness, they both would have been kicked out.

With her breath seizing in, she stared at his eyes which were staring at Madam Pince behind them who barely noticed the two. The finger on her lips was threatening to burn the skin under it, or only she felt it?

As his gaze turned back to her, her breath hitched, suddenly he was too close, or she was just imagining it? Her eyes observed every tiny detail of his face. From each small mole to every star in his eyes. She felt a weird swirling inside her, a strange bubbly feeling.

It was as if he was feeling the same, his finger dragged lower from her lips falling down. Eyes jumped to lips, hers followed the action. Both didnt know if they were hypnotized. Her to grey eyes and him to hazel ones.

And slowly it started feeling like they were getting closer, the distance between them was reducing. It was as if they both were pulling each other without touching.

Madelyn didnt know why was she breathing so heavily and he didnt know why wasnt he breathing at all.

Both counted as the distance reduced between their face, until it was about to be zero, eyes were threatening to close, the tips of their noses brushed causing the tingling to run down their spines, just a little more and it would happen—

"Time's over!" Madam Pince ringed the bell on her desk causing the two to immediately jerk away breathlessly.

Both staring and heaving in opposite directions, what was just about to happen? Shit!

Both turned to each other, Madelyn's cheeks flushed with red while his too could be seen coloring up.

"I-I— I'll leave!" She squeaked on regaining her voice after an eternity and stood up abruptly collecting her thing in the clumsiest manner and ran out. While he was just left there nodding to her even after she left.

She couldnt believe they were just about to kiss!

Hehehe *Evil Laughter*😈

We're on the 11th chapter now, how did you like the story this far?

Please Vote & Comment!🤍
(Can this chapter get 15+ votes pls?🥺)