5: Calabash/Peek-a-Boo

TW!!: Talk of taking an unnecessary medication

 I was spending time with Sun Yue and Sun Wei. She somehow convinced the doctor to let me go see him as well, and I really appreciated it. We both sat at one side of his bed, Sun Yue was holding his hand while smiling and telling everything that happened in the 'nightmare hole'. 
  "And then, boom! They appeared out of nowhere, saving us!" She said, excited. 
  "What exactly is up with him? I thought it wasn't that bad when we found him, but now he's unconscious for weeks." I asked her. She turned more sad. 
  "I told you that we argued before all of it happened, right? Well, the whole argument was about him taking medication that wasn't needed. He said he has it under control, but .. He was passing out a lot during the last couple of days. I think he.. had some of the medication before the building fell down. He was very snappy and this was the first time I talked with him about this problem." Sun Yue explained. "I guess him taking the medication only worsened his condition..."
  "And let me guess.. you haven't told the doctors about this." I said, making her nod. "Why?"
  She didn't answer, only shook her head and squeezed Sun Wei's hand. 
  "Why?" I asked again, more urgently. 
  "I don't want to talk about this, Morro." Sun Yue said, frowning. 
  "He's my friend too, Sun Yue. I deserve to know why did you keep this a secret from everyone." I said. 
  "No. Just. Just go. Leave me and Wei alone." I frowned. 
  "Fine!" I stood up, then gently took Sun Wei's hand and squeezed it. "I'll make sure to visit you again. I promise."
  I let go and walked out of the hospital room, Sun Yue's glare on my back.

---------------

-

  I woke up because of an.. earthquake? Weird. Even though, it scared me. When it stopped, I noticed the absolute mess it created in my apartment. 
  "Oh noo! All my pwecious powsessions!" I cried out, right before I noticed something.. "Huh? 9:01?! I'm late for woORK!"
  I started panicking about not knowing where my staff is, but then I noticed another minute passed. "Pigsy's gonna KILL ME!"
  I quickly put on clothes and ran into the shop. 
  "Pigsy! I'm so sorry I'm late! I overslept! And I guess I didn't set an alarm? Honestly, I don't even remember going to bed.. and the earthquake! And- and- and- Please don't fire me!" I apologized and begged on my knees. Tang and Pigsy were showing me their backs. I didn't see Morro around, which was weird. Usually, their shift would start before mine. 
  "Fire you?" Pigsy said, sounding angry. But then he turned around with a smile. "Ha! Why would I fire you?"

  Well, that for sure was unusual. "Uh, well, last time you said, 'If you are one minute late again, you... are.. FIRED!'"
  "I said that?" Pigsy asked. Mr. Tang chuckled. 
  "That doesn't sound like my best friend, Pigsy." They both started laughing, almost nervously. Best friend? What typa historian thing is this
  "Uh.." Before I could say anything, the earthquake began again. "Ah! It's happening again!"

  Then, it stopped. "Again? Whatchu talking about, MK?"
  "Did you not feel that?" I asked them. "Where's Morro?"
  "Feel what? Who's Morro?" Pigsy asked.
  "What do you mean 'who's Morro'? They work here!" I said. Mr. Tang chuckled. 
  "I think MK's got a real case of the Mondays, hmm?" He asked. "Maybe they just showed up in your dream."
  "Huh... maybe. Oh, the staff!" I exclaimed, trying to pull the staff out of my ear. "Yep! Must be in there real good!"
  Pigsy chuckled. "Your staff ain't in your ear, kid."
  "Oh! Eh, that's a relief.." I said. "Wait, where is it?"
  "On top of the mountain, sealing away the Demon Bull King and his entire family." Mr. Tang explained. 
  "Uh... Say what now?" I asked. 
  "You do remember, right?" Mr. Tang sighed. "I keep saying you work him too hard."
  "That's it! You're taking the day off!" Pigsy said. Day off?!

  I went straight out of the shop. "My first day off in two whole years!"
  "This is a perfect day!" I yelled out. Few civilians behind me repeated the word perfect. "No traffic at rush hour!" "Perfect!"  "Free shoes and cheese tea samples!" "Perfect!" "Beat all the high scores on Monkey Mech!" "Perfect!"
  "More free cheese tea samples!" "Perfect!!" Okay, this is getting a little creepy. I nervously laughed at the fact there are bunch of random people following me around the city shouting 'Perfect!'.
  "You guys really are driving that point home, huh?" I asked, turning around to walk away. But then, the earthquake happened again. And when I turned around, the people just... vanished? "Whoa, what was that?!" I looked around. "Yeah, something's definitely up here. But what?!" 
  I thought for a second, before realizing. "Pigsy smiled! He never smiles! I gotta tell someone!"
  I ran in a general direction. I had no idea where Mei or Morro is, so it was kinda.. random. Before I bumped into someone.