➳ Chapter 11: Something to do

"Brimstone, please, I'm begging you. I need help to rescue my brother, I finally know where he is!" You pleaded.

"C/N, look, I'm not entirely sure about this. We do not have a plan yet, it isn't straightforward to do this kind of mission without having a plan," Brimstone replied, shaking his head.

"But Brimstone I-" You pleaded once more but your response trailed off as Brimstone interrupted you.

"C/N, please. We need time to think about this, I'm sorry," He said bluntly.

You gave him one last look as you sighed, leaving his office and slamming the door behind you. You started to walk, upset by the reply that Brimstone gave you as you made your way into your room. Passing by the hallways, Jett and Phoenix noticed your angry attitude as they tried to call your name. You ignored their calls as you went into your room and shut your door angrily. You huffed as you lay on your bed, thinking of an efficient plan.

As you thought about a simple plan, you were deep into thought as you didn't realize your door from your room had opened as Sage called out your name sweetly. "C/N? Are you alright?" She asks in a concerned manner, you flinched in your place as you turned to her and replied, "Yeah, sorry... I didn't notice you uh, came into my room," you said, awkwardly. Sage smiled before closing the door as she walked toward you. 

"Hey C/N, I'm sure we can find a way to rescue your brother," She reassures you.

"You think so?" You looked up at her, earning you to raise your eyebrow at her.

"Of course, all we need is a good plan, I'm sure we can rescue everyone there," Sage said.

She smiled as you felt glad, earning you to smile back at the healer. "Let's go now, you have to go eat some dinner," Sage said as you replied, "Alright fine." You stood up from your bed as you and Sage walked outside of your room, leaving as you both headed towards the kitchen. 

~~~

It was finally the next day as you were awoken by a sudden loud voice, yelling at you as you groaned. You opened your eyes as your vision was flooded with brightness. Adjusting your vision, you noticed a tall figure standing near you as he called out. "Hey, C/N, wake up!" Yoru says as he shook your tired figure, you groaned as you looked up at him, confused. He sighs, "There's a meeting, you got 5 minutes left before he'll yell at you that you're late," Yoru says. You immediately sat up as you replied to Yoru, "Are you serious?" you asked in unison. Yoru nodded as you panicked already. Not wanting to get in trouble because of Brimstone, you immediately rushed into the bathroom and you were getting ready fast. 

You rushed out of your room with Yoru as you both dashed to the meeting room. It didn't take too long as you opened the door, panting for air. The agents on the table stared at you, giving you looks. "C/N, you're almost late," Brimstone said. You sighed tiredly as you replied, "Yeah, I'm sorry. Thank goodness Yoru woke me up to tell me there's a meeting today," you said, still panting for air. "Both of you, take a seat," Brimstone said, flipping through papers attached to a clipboard as you and Yoru sat in the seats.

Brimstone cleared his throat as he began to speak up, "There has been a case that a certain kind of people from the Omega Earth took children from Kingdom and although I do not agree with Kingdom using children to experiment with, we will need to rescue those children," He explained, determined as everyone in the VP listened to him carefully. "Unfortunately, one of the children that they took is... C/N's younger brother, we are not sure what they want to do with those kids but we will try to rescue them," Brimstone continued. Alot of the agents gasp as they turned their direction towards you, feeling pity. You frowned as you fiddled with your thumbs. 

"However, we will need to track down where they kept everyone but luckily, KillJoy managed to put a tracking device on one of their ships so tomorrow at 4 am, we will be heading to where the tracker is but I will only be allowing a certain amount of agents to come with," Brimstone said, he then looked through the papers of the agent's statistics as it showed graphs of how skilled the agents are in the protocol. Everyone was quiet as Brimstone took his time to look through everybody's papers, you were nervous as you never thought whether or not you were strong enough for this mission. You wanted to rescue your brother. No. You need to rescue him.

As Brimstone finished scurrying through the pages, he cleared his throat and began to speak up clearly, "Alright, for the mission the agents that will attend are: KillJoy and Raze for distractions. Viper, Chamber, and Cypher provided help in the mission. Lastly, Yoru, C/N, Phoenix, and Jett for rescue. Sage and Skye, you will be needed for backup. Later this evening, KillJoy will text you the map of where the children are taken once she has a hand on it because of the tracker, as well as assigned areas for the agents that will be joining for this mission, not only that, I will also send a message about the plan. Is that clear?" Brimstone finished as he put down the papers. You all nodded as you and Yoru looked at each other, knowing that this mission isn't easy to do.

~~~

The following early morning, it was 4 am as you woke up. Feeling ready and determined as you began to quickly change inside your bathroom. You sighed as you were already finished washing your face, the dread of fear rose, making you look down on the floor. Feeling afraid that the mission will not succeed, you feared that you might accidentally do something wrong. As you contemplated, you hear a knock on your bathroom door. You snapped out of your thoughts, opening the frame, Yoru stood in front of you as he spoke up, "Hey C/N, It's go time," he said, pointing outside of the halls. 

You deeply breathed, "Alright, let's go," You replied to the riftwalker as you both walked outside of your room. Ready for the big mission.