15 | eighty-three

SORGAN, OUTER-RIM

SORGAN, OUTER-RIM

'Hey.'

She looks up from where she'd been sitting in the cockpit, back against the wall on the cold floor as she stares up at the stars, out of the window. 'I found us a place to stay.'

She climbs to her feet, following him out of the ship to where two villagers sit with a cart, and Cara.

She hesitates, glancing at the Mandalorian. He pauses, turning to her as she steps back, the other three not yet noticing them.

Her eyes flicker to him, he can see what she's thinking. He went back, told Cara about her and now he's turning her in, she's going to get killed. The crimes she committed when she was with the Empire, the things she did, they all flash before her eyes.

'Jinn.'

Or maybe Cara lied, maybe she's not a Rebel, maybe she is from the Empire. And she's come to take her back. That's why he chose this planet, this tiny little village planet, to throw her off the scent, to confuse her before he got rid of her again.

'Jinn.'

He says it a little louder, still only loud enough for her to hear him, 'Come on.'

Her chest is rising a little too fast as she takes another step back, body freezing when he grabs her wrist to stop her, 'These farmers have offered us a place to stay if we help them.'

She slowly unclenches her fist, not realising she had even clenched it in the first place. Her nails dig into her palms creating little crescent blood marks.

'Jinn.'

She blinks, finally snapping out of her haze as he shifts his hold from her wrist to her hand, giving a gentle squeeze as he pulls her forward a step, 'Come on.'

She follows him out slowly, hesitating when he holds his hand out to help her into the cart. She ignores the offer of help and crawls to the furthest end away from where Cara is lounging. 

She leans back against the cart, a bag of some random belongings from the ship on her lap with her arms wrapped around it.

'You might want to get some rest,' The Mandalorian says, 'We've got a long ride.'

'I'm good, I'll take the first watch.'

'She won't hurt you,' He says, the she being Cara who is currently softly snoring at the other end of the cart, 'Not when I'm here.'

'I'll take first watch.' She says again with a nod before glancing away, no room for an argument.