20 | good old days

SPACE STATION, OUTER-RIM

'Hey.'

Kenny looks up from the floor, she's sat criss crossed in her little corner that's now decorated with all her father's little trinkets from over the years that he's stored in his Tatooine home.

M4 is besides her, he'd lost the argument but has kept away from the droid the whole time he's been here. The droid looks up when the new voice is announced, seeing the Mandalorian he screams and rolls away repeating, Danger! Danger! Angry, mean Mandalorian!

'We're landing soon.'

She pulls herself up with a raised brow, 'Where?'

He stops halfway up the ladder to glance down at her, 'A job.'

She scoffs following him up the ladder, 'A job? Again? Last time we almost lost the kid.'

He ignores her as he locks onto the space station and begins to land, 'Yeah, and you almost got killed.'

'We're not taking another job, Mando, think of the kid.'

'Go lock him in, I updated the systems so he can't get out from the inside.'

She stands in front of him, directly between his legs blocking him from turning his chair towards the controls, 'Listen to me, we're not taking anymore jobs, I've survived for years by simply thieving-'

'You're not going into thievery.'

'If that's how we're going to survive now, then yeah, I am.'

He tries to push her aside but she doesn't budge so he moves to flipping switches beside him instead, 'Look,' She leans to be in front of his vision, one hand on her hip and then he is finally looking at her and giving her his full attention, 'We both know you're no good at this type of stuff, picking out good partners.'

'I've worked with them before.'

'Do you trust them?'

'I trust you.'

'So, no, you don't trust them, great.'

'It'll be fine.' He says, tilting his head to look up at her, 'Now get out of my way.'

'You know, you're all dark and stoic when we're with other people, but when it's just the two of us you could talk for Mandalore.'

He gives a sarcastic scoff, using his foot to move her along faster and tucking his chair under so she can't distract him, he looks into the docking bay as she goes downstairs with a sigh.

She grabs her robe and wraps it around the child, 'We'll be back soon, I promise.'

'Stay in there with him.'

'No.'

'I'm not letting you get hurt again.'

'I'm not letting you go alone, look this time I'm not holding back, I'm pissed off, anyone crosses me they'll be dead.'