06 | stars

TAWL, OUTER RIM
Seven standard months after Tatooine...

Jyn has been on edge more than usual. Hunter left a month ago, a whole month, with the promise of only being two weeks. She has no way of contacting him and no idea where he even went.

All she can do is sit and hope.

It's late, just past midnight when she hears movement by the entrance. She hasn't been sleeping well so it doesn't take much to rouse her from her slumber at the early hour.

Her hand slides across the fresh sheets, under the pillow that Hunter never seems to want to lay his head upon, to grasp the knife he'd left behind for her. A last resort. Is what he had said to her when he took her hand and wrapped her delicate fingers around the handle.

He'd cradled her hand with his like she'd never held a weapon before. Unbeknownst to him her hands were far from delicate, holding the blood of thousands in her palm weighed heavier than his blade.

She stands, bringing the sheet with her like her own personal shield.

'Jyn?'

She wouldn't have heard it if she wasn't holding her breath and straining her ears to the world around her. 'Hunter?'

She pulls aside the curtain and he's sat in the alley with his helmeted head against the wall opposite them. 'What are you doing?'

Her eyes travel down to where he's holding an ungloved hand to his side. They widen when she sees the blood and she's dropping the sheet to pull herself through the opening. 'Come on.'

He groans and allows her to drag him down the small opening, she pushes him onto the bed and then runs back to the cupboard he'd stored all her stolen supplies in before.

'What happened?'

He shakes his head and she pushes him back, 'I'm going to have to take your armour off.'

He nods with a strangled whine when he sits up too fast, 'Just not the helmet.'

She nods as well although he can't see and pulls his armour off until she gets his shirt up around his shoulders so she can see his side.

She ignores his toned muscles and abs and swallows as a blush rises on her cheeks then settles on the bed beside him.

'What happened? Were you stabbed?'

'Grazed. I can-' He groans and pushes her hand away, 'I passed the medical-'

'I don't care. Lie down.'

She raises a brow when he doesn't listen and then he slowly lowers himself back down and lets her clean him up. 'What happened?' She asks again, this time her tone is much harsher, he knows that he has to answer now.

'Guy I was trading with wasn't happy that I didn't have as much as he wanted. So he had his goons send me a message.'

'Yeah, good way to send a message. Knife to the gut-' She tilts her head at it, images of her wound made by the saber of Reva flash into her mind, 'It doesn't look like a knife wound now I'm looking at it.'

He lifts his hips a little when she dabs the bacta too harshly, 'I tried to cauterise it on my way back, it worked, then I bumped it on my way back here and it split again.'

She shakes her head, mutters something under her breath he doesn't quite catch then starts threading the needle. She swallows and looks up at him, 'I've never done anything like this before.'

'It's okay, it's easy, just like sewing.'

'Do I look like the type to sew?'

He chuckles and places his bloody hand over hers, 'I'll guide you.'