27 | din and saviin

NEVARRO, OUTER-RIM

NEVARRO, OUTER-RIM

'Stay with me, buddy. We're gonna get you out of here.'

'This is our only path out. Can you clear it?'

'Wait, no, Greef stop, I need to- I can't... I-I have to go back out there.'

Greef locks the door behind them despite the gaping hole at the other side of the cantina, at the sound of the kid's soft cries she finally stops looking towards him.

The droid places him down, looking for a way out like Cara had asked, turning to look at Greef he says, 'If you go near this child, I will have no choice but to kill you.'

'I understand. Can you do anything to move the grate?'

'Yes, of course.'

Greef smiles watching the droid get to work, 'Oh, I love IG units.'

The blade still at Kenny's side illuminates the cantina, she glares at Moff Gideon through the open window, breathing heavily, her gaze glossed over, and he smirks.

That look on her face, it's all too familiar. That's the look she used to have back in the Empire days, the look she had when she drifted just that bit too far in her use of the force.

That's the look of the Dark side.

Only what he doesn't realise is that Kenny's not a weak little child anymore.

She's powerful, and she can bend the force to her own will, and when she gets out there, when she gets to him, she will use that very power to end him.

'Kenny.'

The Force bubbling beneath her skin dies. It drifts away through her finger tips that hang loosely by her thighs.

She turns quickly, saber dropping and deactivating as it hits the floor. Greef picks it up as she walks away, inspecting it and activating it by accident causing him to pass it off to Cara.

She kneels beside Din, eyes roaming around his figure, her hand hesitating to touch him. She gives in resting it on his chest gently, 'I'm not gonna make it.'

She shakes her head, pursing her lips as one of her hands gently touches the side of his helmet for a few seconds before she brings it back to her side, 'No, you're gonna be fine.'

'You need to go.'

'Mando.'

'You need to leave.'

'Mando.'

They both begin talking over each other, his hand encased around hers, holding them to his chest.

'They're gonna swarm the place-'

'And I'll be right with you. I'll fucking cut them down before they-'

'-He's gonna take you back to the Empire, I can't-'