Rengoku Kyojurou

Hashi then passed the selection exam, and Chisana finally found his motivation again, then continued trading under Kyojuro. He was now 14, and had now learned flame breathing, but it didn't feel natural... and he began to swing it in the ways he felt comfortable with...and eventually showed his mentor.

"Look! Master! I wanna show you my version of flame breathing!"

"Let me see, young Aoki!" His mentor said encouragingly.

Chisana breathed in, and did a dance-like move. Three swings, the final one creating a circle thing around him. "H-how was that Master?" He asked.

Kyojuro looked shocked, and slightly puzzled. "Where have I read something like that..." He wondered aloud. "Ah! The hinokami chronicles of course! It's been passed down through our family for generations!" Kyojuro exclaimed.

"Hinokami what?" Chisana asked.

"It has the records of one of the flame hashira... talking about the first breath... it explained the move that you just used!" His mentor responded.

That just came to me naturally... it's not made up? He thought.

For the next couple years he trained under Kyojuro. In those years before he went to final selection, he learned about Sun breathing... the first breath, and practiced it... it felt strangely natural to him. Chisana was now ready for the final selection, although he hadn't mastered sun breathing. Every time he used it, he had to take a break for a while.

"I love you Chisana....come back safe please... Hashi and I need you." His mother said, hugging him.

"Of course he'll come out fine. He trained me, and I got through it okay" Hashi said.

"M-mom... let go! I'm 17 now!" Chisana squirmed out of his mother's grasp. God, she's so embarrassing... He thought.

"Wait. Before you go I want to give you something..." Emiko got out a box from the closet, with her older siblings haori's in it. She then got out a green striped one that belonged to Haku.

"I gave Kasumi's haori to Hashi, and now I'm giving her twin brother's one to you..."

Chisana put on the haori... it was a little big, but it was shorter than most haoris so it wouldn't get in the way while fighting.

He looked around at the crowd of people participating at the selection. There are so many people here... I've never seen so many! He thought.

He hid behind another guy, since the crowd of girls was a little too much for him.