iv. dark beacons, summoning demons

━━━ VVV ━━━

ALEX SUMMERS DEFINITELY never thought about finding himself following a person like a lost puppy but here he was

ALEX SUMMERS DEFINITELY never thought about finding himself following a person like a lost puppy but here he was. The sun was now out and he didn't know he followed Veni the moment she stood up from their seat by the entrance of the place that was once the CIA headquarters. Raven, Hank, and Sean didn't have it in them to move form their spot as they continued to repeatedly think about the night's happenings, the memories not removing itself from their mind and had been playing on and on and on like a broken record. It was torture. Having to remember all the deaths, the violence, the rage, the fear, the chaos.

Wrapped firmly on the hands of Alex was an expensive looking urn, not letting others take it away from him as he basked under any trace of presence his late friend had. The boy was thankful to have had the witch by his side the moment he had to watch their mutant companion suffer his death. Veni was able to capture the essence and ashes of Darwin and transfigured an urn from an object she found by the side, placing the remains inside.

A small ring of fire appeared on the ground in front of him, watching the witch summon it from nowhere. He silently gazed as she nodded at her cat who then entered the blazing circle. Umbra's eyes glittered in gold as darkness took over the limited space and rose upwards like a beacon of pitch black cylinder.

“What's happening?” Alex jumped as he heard the voice of Raven, turning around to see that they had finally stood from their seats on the stone slab.

He shrugged. “I don't know.”

Veni stepped forward, extending a hand inside the shadow where it disappeared. Once she pulled it back, another hand appeared with hers, gripping on her invite as if she was a lifeline. The mutants gawked as a guard was spat out by the beacon, he blinked back the daze he was feeling then followed the soft orders of the girl holding onto him. He breathed in relief when the flames wafted to his shivering body, slowly regaining his normal state and profusely thanking the young witch.

“Raven?” Everyone turned around to notice a car stopping by the entrance, three people climbing out and rushing towards the mutants who had went through serious hell.

Charles embraced the shape-shifting girl, Erik and Moira following closely behind him.

“We've made arrangements for you to be taken home immediately.” Charles added.

“We're not going home.” Sean frowned.

“What?”

“He's not going back to prison.” The red-haired boy nudged his head towards Alex.

“Is that an urn?” Erik asked.

“He killed Darwin.” Alex answered.

“All the more reason for you to leave. This is over.” Charles shook his head.