xv. confusion and magic spells

━━━ VVV ━━━

THE DIVINE ARTS branch of magic was a sacred thing for most

THE DIVINE ARTS branch of magic was a sacred thing for most. It was the the blessed instrument of the witches, their sworn weapon as well as the basic concept of their lives.

It was their humble beginnings. No mysteries, no lies, no hidden truths. Those who are born with it are immediately told as they gain consciousness, ensuring that there shall be no casualty of a witch being forced to dormancy and eventually explode from all the pushed back potential. This was their very sacred rule: to never tolerate ignorance.

What's meant shall be followed. What's born shall be known. And what's within shall be trained.

It was a simplified version of their millions of policies, the basic summary of their strict law. Their perspectives didn't matter that much as long as they were obedient and abode correctly to what has been written, to respect the power of each individual as they all worked together in harmony.

That part of course didn't last very long as years passed and billions of generations bloomed into new heirs and heiresses. Discrimination was then released, insulting words being normalized yet still held the same pain to the victims, and then harsh realities were burdened upon the newborns. Now everyone suddenly lost their principles.

If the first line simply meant to comply to the given rules then it has long been broken. The second was about not tolerating ignorance and letting the child born with magic know what they have and then comes the last one, to train your power. It was a requirement. To have all of the wizards or witches learn the notion of their strength, to grasp its beauty, and to explore it until you achieve your ascendancy. The one in which Veni is supposed to have in the next few months where she shall state her specialty and be ultimately blessed with the magic needed for that route.

But this was where the problem came in. She still has yet to decide where she would even go to, what she would even choose for her ceremony. The bestowal didn't only signify that she was finally a licensed witch that could do restricted things that others couldn't, it also meant that she would get her diploma from the normal society.

Just like what she once talked about with Alex, it would feel like she graduated from both sides. Her then acquired license would give her the privileges of magically having an educational background that would allow her to take on jobs that she desired if ever she was going to live in normalcy.

And to speak of normalcy, witches didn't care about having their presence leaked. They didn't give a shit if the whole world knew of their existence. Because they weren't scared. Why would they be? They were fully capable of protecting themselves and it was a huge upgrade from the poor lives that had been lost during the times where witches were hanged and burned.

This time, if ever a human dared make a move on them, or any threat from any specie in this matter, they wouldn't hesitate to return the favor of scorching their fleshes as they would rain down dread to the pitiful sights of unworthy foes.