xi. big no no for the color yellow

━━━ VVV ━━━

VENI VON VENEFICIUM didn't know how many times she's had to repair blazing, broken mannequins or to extinguish the flames inside the mansion's underground bunker

VENI VON VENEFICIUM didn't know how many times she's had to repair blazing, broken mannequins or to extinguish the flames inside the mansion's underground bunker. In fact, she didn't know what the hell she was doing nowadays. It was either she was by herself in her room practicing magic, or bothering people until they get annoyed, or that she's ordered by that damned telepath about doing another task. Well, at least she wasn't getting bored anytime soon, right? It's better to have something to do rather than lay flat on her bed with her thoughts being her only companion.

Umbra's been away from her doing what he usually does with anyone. Just like his owner, he also unconsciously climbed his way into the hearts of the inhabitants of the large compound. The cat was being passed around by the mutants, spending his days silently being in their presence to relieve them from loneliness. He was however very close with Raven as the witch noticed, seeing the bond they were sharing. The shape-shifting mutant always carried the cat with her whenever she went to the gym they had in the mansion, keeping him there to have some company. Although there were also times when the two girls spent time with each other just rambling about random things.

“Sexy!” she heard Alex say.

“Well, this is just the prototype. The real one will look considerably better. It will be a whole suit.” Hank reassured him, finishing his job of zipping up the sides of the vest they were putting on the blonde mutant. “See, these sensors measure your energy output. This panel focuses it and the excess is absorbed.”

Veni furrowed her eyebrows. “What do you mean suit? He's getting a suit?”

“All of us are.”

“Ah of course, how could I forget the matching superhero suits.” she nodded. “Are the designs ready?”

“Yes, as a matter of fact, they're currently in the making in my lab.” Hank said proudly.

“Really? They better be—”

“Alright! Let's save this conversation for later and proceed with the training.” Charles interrupted the two. “Alex? Try hitting the one in the middle. Just the one in the middle, mind.” he instructed, patting the boy's shoulders and then leaving with Hank. “Good luck. Veni will be here with you.”

Alex first made sure that the girl was a few distance away from him, observing as she didn't bother to put up a shield around her.

“Veni, put up your shield.” he ordered.

“Why?”

“What else would it be for? Of course, to protect you!”

“Protect me from what? Your focused cosmic energy? Hank said it himself, that prototype thing helps focuses your powers and absorbs the excess. You have nothing to worry about.”