III : A Long Journey In A Short Life

[Don't mind the name change!! I didn't like "Another Chance" that much haha, sorry! Hope the new title is okay !!]

"Hey, Grian, wake up!!" Tommy shook Grian awake, whose response was a tired blink, so Tommy sighed. "Look I have work to do and I can't leave without telling you. Try not to get seen and maybe you could uh, so something with the flowers that are piling up on my table?"

Grain was too fazed to react, so he only stared at Tommy. His eyes were flickering and he had a hard time staying awake.

Tommy stood in front of Grian for a few more seconds, but then walked off and left the house. Grian just, kinda sat there, well, until he didn't and stood up. He stumbled over to Tommy's makeshift kitchen (a coffee machine on a pile of logs) and made himself a coffee.

He almost fell asleep halfway through it, but he managed to take a sip, now feeling a bit less half asleep. He made a run for the half broken sink a few meters behind him, but he stumbled over a loose plank and ran straight into the sink. Amazing way to start your day.

At last, he was able to wash his hands and face, and drowned the rest of his coffee.

Grian was contemplating on what to do with all these flowers he had collected in a haze yesterday. Maybe he could put them in vases around the house, but too bad, Tommy didn't have any vases.

After a few minutes Grian set out to go collect clay, thankfully there was a little pond right underneath Tommy's base. He climbed down the mountain and started to collect some, making sure to replace it with sand or dirt.

Just as Grian thought his luck was beginning to turn, he saw a person walking up to him.

The only thing he was tasked with was not getting seen.

He had just gotten seen.

Grian hurriedly collect the rest of the clay that was laying around, hoping to not have to talk with whoever it was, but too late.

"Excuse me? Who are you and why are you stealing clay from Tommy's pond?" A feminin sounding voice spoke from behind him.

"Uhhh, I'm Tommy's guest, he tasked me to get some!" Grian quickly stood up and smiled at the rather feminin figure now in front of him.

"Oh! Alright! I'm Puffy, Tommy's therapist. Very nice to meet you!" 'Puffy' smiled at him and held their hand out.

"I'm Grian, the pleasure is all mine." Grian shook their hand and smiled lightly, gripping the clay with the other.

"Should I help you carry them home?" Puffy asked politely, Grian doesn't think that she had heard about him. Thankfully.

He really couldn't refuse the offer, so he nodded and gave her half the clay he was carrying.

As they were climbing the mountain, Puffy spoke up. "Why'd you need so much clay?"

"I uh-this will sound funny-I collected a bunch of flowers in a haze yesterday, now I gotta store them somewhere.." Grian laughed awkwardly, but Puffy only nodded.

As they were at Tommy's house Puffy dropped off the clay and offered her help with the vase making. Grian accepted and now they were both sitting on Tommy's shitty wood floor.

"These really are a lot of flowers," Puffy said while making a tiny vase for a bunch of poppies. "What did you mean with "in a haze"?"

Grian stopped with modeling his vase for a second and thought about how to explain what had happened yesterday night. "Well, I had a nice song stuck on my mind and so I started to collect some flowers, but I was really tired, so I just kinda, started to collect them unconsciously and,,, didn't stop?"

Puffy started to laugh lightly and smiled understandingly. "That's one thing you have in common with me."

Grian laughed along and a very nice conversation developed.

At the end of the day, Puffy went home and thanked Grian for the nice day. Grian returned the thanks and now started to decorate the house with various vases with flowers in them.

He had just put down the last vase with a tiny dandelion, when Tommy burst through the door.

"What did you do to my house. It looks pretty. It isn't supposed to look pretty. It's my house."