IV : Flowers Might Be A good Idea

Tommy stared at a flower on his windowsill. "What's this one?" he asked Grian.

"That's a blue orchid pretty sure." Grian smiled lightly and walked up to Tommy. "It symbolizes rarity and uniqueness."

Tommy felt a strange feeling of comfort as he looked at the orchid in front of him. "Looks pretty."

"It does, yeah." Grian agreed calmly and walked over to yet another flower to water it with his very functional coca cola water bottle (HE WATERED THE PLANTS WITH WATER NOT COCA COLA HAHSJFJ).

"What's this one?" Tommy asked again walking up to the one Grian was just watering. He seemed really interested in all the different types of flowers here.

"That's a lily of the valley. It symbolizes happiness, purity and youth." Grian answered softly and laughed. "You know what this feels like?"

"What?"

"I used to work in a flower shop sometime before I ended up here. It feels like I'm being questioned by the manager again." Grian laughed slightly and walked over to the next flower.

"That must've been pretty cool." Tommy mumbled, more to himself than anyone else. "That one looks really pretty.."

"The one you're looking at now is a peony. It symbolizes love, honor and beauty." Grian calmy walked over to the peony and poked it.

Tommy felt a strange feeling of peacefulness in this moment. The sun hit his house perfectly, and Grian's calm atmosphere was just one of the most calming things ever. It reminded him of simpler times, of when he was able to live.

Grian walked outside to refill his water bottle as he had completely run out of water.

Tommy used this time to look around the house, looking for interesting flowers. Walking up to a nice white, kind of blue looking one, he waited for Grian to re-enter the house.

As Grian finally did, Tommy spoke up. "This one looks nice, it looks like it's about to hug me." he laughed lightly and smiled as he poked the tiny flower.

"Azure Bluet, symbolizes inspiration, intelligence and imagination. A really pretty one in my opinion." Grian smiled at Tommy who seemed so caught up in loving the flowers around him, he didn't even notice the person walking by his house, so Grian didn't mention it.

Tommy was completely awestruck. He only slowly walked over to a tulip and sighed heavily. "What about this one?"

"I'm guessing you already know that it's a pink tulip." Grian chuckled quietly, but continued. "It symbolizes affection, caring and love."

Tommy nodded and sighed. "I'm taking a day off of work today."

Grian turned to look at him, and tilted his head.

"I need a break." Tommy laughed slightly and sat down in his bed. "Got anything you wanna know?"

Grian was thrown off by that question but managed to stumble through his words either way. "I-.. D'you have any- like, alliances? People I- hm.. Would be allowed to talk to?"

Tommy stared at the other, as if what Grian has just said was complete gibberish-which it was-but answered after a few seconds. "Puffy would be okay, and maybe Tubbo.." His voice trailed off.

Grian nodded vaguely and stared ahead. "Tubbo?" he asked.

"Yeah, my.. friend." Tommy cleared up the confusion stuck in the air and played with the edge of his blanket. "Purpled probably as well, but I don't see him often. I know that he liked you, sorta at least."

Grian's eyes widened and he smiled ever so slightly. He originally felt sort of betrayed by Purpled, but the feeling vanished a little bit more every day. "Does Tubbo, live around here?"

"Hah!" Tommy exclaimed and smirked. "No way, Tubbo lives kilometers away!" He laughed more to himself than anybody else and continued. "In a snowy tundra he calls Snowchester."

Grian hummed in response and lightly tapped his fingers on the table, "D'you think I'd.. Be able to meet him?"

Tommy seemed to think about it for a second before shrugging. "On a less busy day sure, we just gotta be careful." he concluded and stood up, stretching. "And guess what?"

Grian smiled lightly and shrugged.

"It's a less busy day today. Let's get going." Tommy opened the door and gestured Grian to come along.

Grian was definitely thrown off now if he wasn't before, but followed nonetheless. As he wanted to speak up, Tommy quickly stopped him and vaguely gestured him to be quiet.

The two of them carefully walked along the prime path. They thought their luck was beginning to turn, not having run into anyone as they arrived at the Snowchester quick travel tunnel.

Tommy hopped on top and excitedly told Grian to follow along. "C'mon! We can't use the tunnel, uh, since we don't have depth strider."

Grian felt like that was a good reason, so he followed along.