P6: Some wrecked angel

Against your better judgement and self-control, when the next specialist training class came around, you felt the need to avenge Terra as her confidence and her happy spirit had been knocked. So, when Silva told everyone to get into pairs to spar you quickly took large steps across the squeaky leather mats to your target.

"Dane." You said with a short almost commanding tone. His new cocky act dropped immediately at the sight of your expressionless face and intimidating voice; his eyes shifting around silently begging the surrounding specialists to save him. Unfortunately for him, they weren't willing to start a conflict with you over the arrogant trainee.

"Y/n,...what can I do for you?" He faked a smirk but it was more of a grimace as his voice came out shaky.
"Fight back" you said as you punctuated it with a quick kick to his ribs sending him sliding to the opposite end of the mat.
He wore a look of disbelief and fear as he stood back up. The other specialists and Silva looked on wearily.

You weren't going to hurt him. Much. It was training not a fight to the death and you knew that, you just felt he needed to be put in his place. How dare he make Terra feel bad even after she opened her wholesome heart to him.
"If this is about Terra, I didn't know it was being filmed!" Now he had done it. No amount of pleading could stop you from executing a rain of blows with your bo staff.
He scrambled to clumsily block them as you restrained yourself from using your full capability, instead using sharp jabs here and there to lightly sting his skin.
It had only been about 5 minutes before he nearly collapsed of fatigue under your merciless attacks; his arms, ribs and legs flushed varying shade pinks as he took the blows.

"That's enough, switch partners!" Silva's command bellowed over the specialists.
Dane looked worse for wear as he looked thankfully at Silva before stumbling into his friend who took him to a separate mat as far as they could get.

"I was still in control, he would have been fine."
You said through your steely glare at the back of Dane's head. Silva, who was a step behind you breathed a deep sigh. "I know but I can't let you use your advanced training on a first year who can barely defend themselves." He stepped around to face you and his eyes accessed your face that was scrunched up in confliction. You were torn, with an inner conflict raging on inside. Your uncle would have beat you whilst your hands were tied if he saw you making an emotional attachment, he always said "a good soldier needs only be an extension of a weapon, emotions make you weak! Make you dependable! That gets you killed". Yet, with Terra you feel stronger, knowing you have someone you feel is worth fighting for; worth defending with your life.

You snapped back to reality to see Silva's concerned eyes looking back at you. "Lets spar" his voice came out gentler than you had ever heard it and you suddenly became very aware that your emotions were becoming increasingly hard to keep away from prying eyes; pressed deep into your subconscious.
"You're still healing." You protested, knowing that only last night Sky and Bloom took care of the burned one. Yet, this didn't stop Silva from getting into a defensive stance with a tight grip on his bo staff and curious eyes. "Let's see what you got."

~after training and your intense battle with Silva which you won though he claims he wasn't at his best. Not y/n pov~

Dane held his aching shoulder as he knocked on the greenhouse door. Once the door opened revealing Dane, both Sam and Mr Harvey went to stand up and fixed him with a disapproving glare. However, Terra was quick to remind them she could handle herself.
As much as she appreciated her family being so protective, she hated that everyone seemed to think she needed protecting; she was a strong independent earth fairy who could be just as harmful as she is nice. That's why her next bittersweet discovery made her so frustrated.
After Dane's apology, Terra expressed her desire to cut off their friendship. But this came tumbling down when she realised he was clutching swore parts of his body and slightly swaying on his tired legs. "Oh my God, Dane are you alright? You look like you've been in a fight, it's not the burned ones is it?!" Terra's sympathy and concern for her friends (even the estranged ones) knows no bounds and her panicked voice got the two men behind her to look up at the mention of a burned one.

Dane, seeing the panic his state had caused, responded by plastering an easy going smile on his face and explaining that it was ok just extra tough specialist training this morning. "Hopefully from what I've seen today, y/n will be a much better friend than I was. Anyways, I should go but thanks for hearing me out, I truly am sorry." Despite the positive intentions behind Dane's sentiment, Terra, suddenly realising it was y/n who hurt Dane for her, was enraged.
Behind her, her father and brother subtly smirked at each other at this newly revealed information, and were glad that, if not them, someone had defended Terra.
"What is it with people thinking I need protecting?!" Terra said angrily as she left to try and find y/n. Although, half of her was flustered at the idea y/n, like a knight in shining armour, had tried to defend her honour. Unfortunately, at the moment an even bigger part of her was screaming out "I am not a damsel in distress!".

Terra was unable to find y/n in the specialist training courtyard or the canteen, but before she knew it, it was time for the compulsory assembly, where she was sure she would find y/n.

People were beginning to fill the hall now and whilst others seemed interested in Stella's relationship with her mother now that the Queen of Solaria's presence was over towering them all, Terra was still scanning the students coming in, for y/n.

When the last trickle of students were getting seated and Musa revealed the teachers' anxieties, Terra started to get worried and all previous anger was quickly forgotten.
This anxiety only increased when she recognised a face behind the Queen. There y/n stood in full armour, amongst the Solarian soldiers, prepared for battle. Terra froze in her seat as the Queen announced that the task force, including y/n, would be on the front line fighting to keep the burned ones out of the barrier. Her anxiety was now beginning to bubble and burn as it formed a pit at the bottom of her stomach. She met y/n's eyes but all she saw was a blank face ready for a fight.

* Author note: is anyone actually interested in reading this cause I'm mostly doing it for my own fun but I would love to hear if anyone has any suggestions or improvements:) *