P8: some wrecked angel

The night had now conquered the sky; darkness surrounding the car as the repetitive hum of the engine forced you to get lost in your thoughts. It wasn't long before the lights from the school buildings could be seen like little firefly's up ahead. When the car pulled to a stop you could see Terra and her friends waiting eagerly to the side.
Unconsciously, seeing Terra made you melt a little and a smile pulled at the stubborn corners of your mouth.
You stepped out of the SUV after checking on Bloom who seemed agitated and overwhelmed; not in the mood for talking or pity. Your joints felt stiff, the full effect of being tense with adrenaline and the weight of your armour, making itself known. Silva gave you a pat on the back as the teachers left with Beatrix, his way of showing gratitude. Hanging back, you watched as Bloom and her friends be reunited, although it didn't quite go how any of us expected.
She seemed irritated and ill-tempered. Quite frankly, after the day you've had, seeing her behaviour and Sky acting like he didn't even care about Stella, made you desperate to get away from their drama.
So, you followed Terra, Musa and Aisha inside.
Although, you stayed atleast one step behind; still feeling like an outsider to the group of close-knit fairies.

When Terra started to vent about her father lying to her you stopped caring about how tired you were feeling and only wanted to be there for her after an argument with someone she is close to. However, her next words made your steps falter and your heart ache, "you don't lie to the people you care about... Not if they matter."
Guilt made your throat tighten and the edges of your vision blur as you turned to look at your boots. The mud starting to dry and flake off in some places.

Suddenly you were thrown back into the memory of a day where you were standing in the flooded muddy training grounds with your uncle.
His demeaning words were a distant muffled noise as you watched the blood dripping from your nose mix with the brown sludge; the red creating mesmerising swirls with the heavy rain and dirt. It was then that you felt weak, not because of everything your uncle was telling you about your parents death but, because you didn't have the strength to leave him and these stone walls.
You knew your parents would have wanted you to be strong enough to chase a better life for yourself but you felt trapped and defeated.

That's why when you first arrived at Alfea you didn't protest the rumours or offer any alternative story despite the uncomfortable states and nasty whispers. Instead you left them with the assumption that the version where you heartlessly killed your uncle, was true. Because you would rather have everyone hate you and fear you than admit that you were cowardly under your uncle's tyranny and too weak to escape his abuse despite how physically strong his techniques made you.
So now, when you looked back at Terra's distressed face you asked yourself could you be strong enough to tell the truth, for her?

*Just btw I don't think people who are trapped under the power of an abuser or someone who's manipulating them is weak, I know how hard it is to escape situations like that I just feel like this character is tough on themselves and it will take a healthy relationship with a certain fairy and supportive friendships along the way to help heal them and change their self-sabotaging mindset.*