P11: wither into the truth

*Author note: Hello, sorry it's delayed been going to uni open days, just sent in my application so fingers crossed. Thank you for all the nice comments and hope you like this chapter :)*

^this is kinda the outfit but I feel like I picture more of a sports bra with a loose white tank on top, as always please feel free to imagine something else this is just a suggestion

~not y/n's pov~

When Terra opened the suite door she did not expect what she found. Y/n had offered to help her move her plants the day before, but she assumed y/n would turn up in her leather chest and arm guards like every other training day. What Terra didn't know was that y/n had decided to take a day off training to spend time with her, something y/n had never done since her uncle became her sole guardian and full time trainer.
That is why y/n was now stood in front of Terra in nothing but a white tank top and black trousers. Of course her standard leather black boots were still adorning her feet but the absence of her other combat gear allowed her apparent abs to be clearly traceable behind the semi-transparent top and her muscular arms to be uncovered completely.
Oh Lord, Terra's brain almost short-circuited as her words dissolved on her tongue. Taking it all in, Terra was first in awe at the lean smooth muscles topped by delicately strong collar bones, then she suddenly wanted to throw a shirt at y/n thinking of anyone else seeing this rare and marvellous sight.

"Ready to move some plants?"
And the spell was broken, Terra almost scoffed at her own behaviour, acting like the girls she often saw giggling and clinging to the other specialists. She would not let herself become another stuttering, blushing mess. With that thought she responded to Y/n's knowing smile with a "Right this way" before swiftly turning around, to be met with her suite-mates smirks, hoping she didn't sound too breathless.

~Y/n pov~

You weren't sure if Terra liked you like that, sure you still got butterflies when you met her eyes and a warm feeling in your cheeks when she laughed, which was definitely not a blush thank you very much. But, you knew she didn't appreciate your over-protective nature and had been reluctant to let you offer to help her with heavy plants as if couldn't handle it herself.
You couldn't help it sometimes, you wanted to protect and cherish the happiness and warmth radiating off of her. But nevertheless, you wanted to make it up to her after the whole Riven thing so you offered to help her, making it clear you knew she could do it herself but, had spare time to lend a hand.

When you decided to ditch your armour, seeing as you could skip a class due to your already advanced fighting style, it was not a decision taken lightly.
For the longest time the presence of your sword and the pressure of your armour, have been a source of comfort and reassurance. Now you were in a thin top that did nothing to protect your vital organs or cover your scars. To help with the feeling of nakedness and vulnerability, you pulled the laces of your boots extra tight, the taut worn strings providing security. Obviously you also had some small but sharp blades on your person and your even sharper instincts just in case.

Seeing Terra's eyes trail down your whole body, taking in each curve of muscle and bulge of bone, you suddenly felt exposed and self-conscious. No one had even seen all your scars and while many were faded and hard to spot, you felt them sting, itch and burn as memories sat below the surface.
Reminding yourself that this is Terra, you relaxed your hands, released some of the tension in your neck and broke the silence.

Once she had ushered you into her room, full of excitement at showing off the plants she had proudly nurtured until they stood tall and vibrant, you were completely surrounded by leaves, barely able to see the furniture on her side of the room. Leading you forwards to see a particularly impressive dragon tree, her short stature almost completely disappeared amongst the jumble of ferns and vines.
After explaining which ones need moving she led you to Stella's room. Or what once was.
You hadn't expect it to hurt so much.
Seeing the empty wardrobe and stripped bed, instead of her usual lavish fabrics dripping in sequins and lined with fur, made your thoughts and movements halt. She hadn't been in contact since her sudden disappearance and you were getting worried. No one would be able to tell by your characteristic impassive stares and side eyes, but the stress was eating you up as visions of Stella at the mercy of her mother's snide venomous tongue invaded your sleep. You could only hope she was safe.

~not y/n's pov~

Terra had felt so guilty about not thinking of how seeing Stella's room would affect y/n but before she could say anything, y/n's confident and indifferent persona snapped back into place like an elastic.
It wasn't long until y/n was quietly and efficiently moving each big clay plant pot across the rooms and occasionally asking Terra what she thought of the new arrangement, whilst Terra transported tiny cactuses and terrariums to fill any gaps.

Terra didn't mean to see or even look in the first place but how could she possible ignore the flexing back muscles bending down in front of her to get a grip on the next pot. That's when it caught her eye. A slight reflection of light hitting her eyes just right, is all it took for her to find it. Y/n had several sleek silver ring daggers around her ankle on the edge of her boot. The clean shiny metal just bordering the dull dusty boot leather.
If it had been anyone else fear and distrust would have quickly followed this discovery yet with y/n, Terra felt oddly safe and curious to see what she could do with such dainty blades.

~y/n pov~

You were now alone in Stella's old room, trying to decide whether the snake plant or begonia rex should go on the right. Shamefully you had let your guard down and when a small potted aloe vera fell to the ground, the sound of the shattered terracotta scattering across the floor, you immediately went into defensive position with a ring dagger pulled from your boot in one harmonious turn. With knees slightly lowered and your hands in front of you, with an unforgiving hold on your knife, your intense stare scanned the room.
"Relax it's just me..." The familiar voice barely managed to stop you from swinging your knife deep into the intruder. The hand holding the blade was still raised into the air as you froze and the fearless facade slipped from your face as quickly as it came. "Stella..?" You couldn't believe it.
Your lips wobbled as you captured her in your arms, breathing in her expensive perfume once more.

Once Stella had calmed you down, she began briefly explaining why she disappeared. However, before she could start recalling what her mother had done in her time away from you, Musa burst into the room. "Is everything alright in here? I heard something break." You knew she was next door with Sam, which was even more obvious by her disheveled clothes, but you forgot due to Stella's surprise return. Quickly pulling away from Stella, you looked at Musa in alarm. But Stella just responded with a weary smile and said "Hello Musa".

It wasn't long before the trauma bonding started as Stella shared stories about her mother's treatment of her. "Never show weakness" this was punctuated with a meaningful look your way which wasn't missed by Musa. "Wait what was that look?" She said looking between the two of you. "I know there's something your not telling us" she was now focused on you; your uncomfortable shifting suggesting further enticement would be needed. "It's ok you know, I just think you might feel better without the guilt I sensed when I told Terra about Sam" she had you there.

It took a while for you and Stella to work together to unravel all the lies and half-truths until the story that you killed your doting uncle was ammended and Musa had an idea of what a vile man he was and knew of your innocence.
"Why didn't you say anything?" This of course led to more explanations and further questions which resulted in the unexpected reply "well you can tell Terra, I'm sure she would understand and maybe open up seeing as she can never stop talking about you when you aren't listening"

~not y/n pov~

Stella and Musa chuckled a little, remembering Terra's face when y/n arrived but all y/n could think was "she talks about me?" A warm smile took over her face and the decision that she would tell Terra everything had been made. But she would wait for the right time, with burned ones and potential murderers on the loose she could not afford to chase a crush.