P7: Some wrecked angel

After assembly Terra couldn't stop worrying about what potential danger y/n was in so she made her way to the greenhouse to question her father. If anyone could tell her what is going on it would be him, surely he would not lie to her, they were all very close and told eachother when something was bothering them.
As Terra was walking through the gardens she nervously fidgeted with her hands whilst her raincoat squeaked with her rushed jerky walk to her father's desk.
With concern creasing her brow, Terra approached her father. "Is everything ok?" She asked in an inquisitive and gentle tone. "Not now Terra" her father tried to dismiss her, but she didn't have to be a mind fairy to tell by his concentration and the stress basically coming off him in waves that something was amiss. "Has something gone wrong with your project? Why is y/n involved now and-" her anxious ramble was abruptly cut off as her father raised his voice "I said not now!"
Both of them were taken a back by his sudden outburst. Terra even cowered away from him, not expecting him to be so worked up about this. She rarely sees him like this and whilst her father was apologising she couldn't help but wonder why he felt the need to lie to her and avoid her questions.
There was a short uncomfortable silence as Terra turned to walk away, conflicted over her father's out-of-character behaviour. But before she could get far she turned on her heal and asked "if there was something going on you would tell me wouldn't you? I'm just worried now she's actually on the front line and..." The sincerity in her voice made her father sigh. He was always proud of his daughters kindness and care towards others but he needed her to stay out of this for her safety. "Of course I would.." yet they both picked up on how unconvincing he sounded as he left the rest of his sentence unsaid, hanging in the warm greenhouse air between them.

Terra was left tense and slightly angered by her father's responses. And as she sat with Musa and Aisha in her suit, they debated the weak excuses the teachers had recently been giving them all.
Their discussion was suddenly interrupted as Skyel intruded on the room looking for Bloom. All parties were confused as Bloom was unaccounted for and had apparently falsely claimed there was suite drama. This is not how Terra expected her year to go and, suddenly tired of all the lies and misunderstandings, rushed out a simplified explanation of what the teachers were hiding during assembly to a very lost looking Sky. Once she came to the end of her frustrated ramble, a look of realisation and panic washed over Sky, taking the colour from his face with it. "Shit, Beatrix!" Suddenly it all fell into place.

Sky rushed away down the corridor in search of the room not far from his. He knocked on the door in panicked beats that matched his heart's at the thought of losing Bloom. It swung open to reveal y/n. She was already in her full armour from the earlier assembly but recently returned once her first shift watching the barrier was over. Sky knew she had much more training than him and the natural instincts required to hunt Beatrix down before she did anything to Bloom. Even if he wanted to be the hero, Silva had taught him strength in numbers and to know when to ask for help. So that's what he did. "No time to explain but Beatrix killed Dowling's assistant and now we need to find Bloom and Beatrix before she does anything to her!"

~Y/n Pov~
You definitely did not expect to have Sky kicking down your door in such panic over Bloom this afternoon but what you did expect was Beatrix to do something diabolical. You weren't particularly close to Bloom but you weren't going to stand by while something could happen to her. And hopefully you could see Terra again, even if you didn't know where you stood with her after she literally ran from you once she finished crying over a boy of all things. Truth be told it hadn't even been more than a two days yet you missed her rants, her stories and her laugh. God her laugh. It was so much quieter around you now, like you were suddenly more aware of how isolated you were with everyone watching you like a dangerous animal at zoo, now that you were no longer distracted by her smile.
Shutting your door, you and Sky took off running to the room he shared with Riven to see if he had any clues to where Beatrix could be found. Once you got there you stayed in the doorway watching past Sky's shoulder as he yelled at Riven. You felt bad for him really, you understood Riven to a certain level and whilst could never see what he saw in Beatrix you knew what it was like to want someone to actually want to be around you for you, without judgement or a plan to change you. The second Sky mentioned Bloom's name you saw Riven glance between you and Sky while trying to signal for stop him to stop talking. That's when a distressed Stella came out of the ensuite. Her face was was slightly puffy around her eyes and her gaze was disappointed and sad despite her angry words, a sign that she had been crying and needed Sky. You took a tentative step forward, a warning for Sky not to make things worse and a sign of support for Stella. Riven slinked pass you, leaving the three of you to this inevitable drama.
You were hurt that Stella didn't reach out to you unlike the twenty texts she sent to Sky but you knew she was trying to connect with him again. The conversation between them felt oddly intimate at first as Stella was vulnerable in front of Sky, and you felt the need to leave. However once Sky started to defend Bloom and sneer at Stella you felt it best to stay. What you really hated was when Sky brought her mother into the arguement. It stung you to hear those words, as he compared Stella's behaviour to her mother's, you knew how much that would hurt her. You could practically hear her breaking down on the inside as her breathe hitched. Sky said he was done with her and went to leave the room in a dramatic ending to their relationship. Before he could leave, you met his eyes with a blameful scowl, throwing imaginary dagger at him as he shut the door.
As soon as the sound of it closing rang out through the room, Stella gave you one last look of desperation, a plea for help, before she collapsed in on herself. Her body shook with sobs and her hands urgently gripped onto the leather straps on the side of your armour as you bent down to envelop her in your arms. Despite the strong metal of your armour and the luxurious rose velvet of her dress, underneath there were two very broken people clutched to eachother like a lifeline.
Your throat burned for her and your heart felt heavy as you thought about all she's been through with her mother and how you could relate due to your uncle.
Once her cries had quietened and her body stilled, she slowly pulled her sweaty face away from the cool metal of your chest plate. You hadn't seen her like this in a long time, usually she hid behind a perfectly painted face of makeup and delicately pinned hair but now she looked hopeless and distraught with mascara on her cheeks and blonde wisps of hair failing over her blue eyes. "I think I need space" she whispered looking around the room to avoid eye contact "I can't be here...I can't..." She muttered as she observed Sky's side of the room. You helped her up and once you knew she had pulled herself together for the trip back to her room you reluctantly went the other way in search of some news about Bloom. You weren't doing this because of Sky and to be honest you would much rather be there for Stella right now but, she needed space and Bloom didn't deserve to become one of Beatrix's victims.
As you were jogging down hallways trying to find Bloom's friends, you bumped into Silva. He looked almost relieved to find you and ushered you towards Mrs Dowling's office whilst he explained the absence of one of the Queen's SUVs and that you were needed to help track down Beatrix and be on standby incase things turn ugly. When he burst into Mrs Dowling's office you saw Terra, Musa and Aisha in front of the large oak desk. As they turned around your eyes met Terra's. You couldn't pick one individual emotion out of the intense look in her eyes; you felt apprehensive as she didn't wear her usual grin but a tight-lipped mask of seriousness.
As the teachers rushed out to go get Bloom, you felt reluctant to leave Terra but knew Silva was expecting you so ran to catch up to them.

~time skip cause I'm gonna pretend the car ride wouldn't have been incredibly awkward~

When you finally spotted the stolen SUV Mrs Dowling used her magic to push the car to the side of the road and you all jumped out to get to Bloom and catch Beatrix before she could make an escape. You were surprised and confused when Bloom tried to run to Beatrix yelling at them to stop. But when Silva struggled to restrain her comfortably you stepped in and held her back by gently but firmly holding her shoulders against your front. You were taller than her and stronger than her and it felt wrong to hold her back while she held onto your arms but you knew you weren't hurting her and she seemed calmer now it was you and not Silva. On the way back to the college, you sat next to the silent and solemn Bloom. Getting emotional with people you weren't close to made you uncomfortable and you could see she didn't want to talk as her fists clenched and her teeth grinded together. So, you turned to watch the forest go past you, it was dark by now and you were wondering what Terra was doing, wether she was mad at you or would give you another chance.

*Author note: thanks to everyone who is reading this and thanks for some lovely comments, hope you enjoy this chapter :D*