Chapter 1

I threw a final punch at the muscular 6'5 hulk-looking man's face as he fell back into the fighting rink with a loud thud instantly knocking him out. His whole body was now covered in his blood. I smirked looking at the unconscious man, admiring my artwork.
"Ladies and gentlemen, once again the winner of the match is the one only Raine!" he announced as he handed me the money.
The crowd immediately started shouting and cheering.

I grabbed my money from the announcer, put my leather jacket back on, and took my motorcycle keys out of my pocket
I headed out of the underground fighting place and got on to my Kawasaki Z1000, taking off my bandana that I use to cover my face during illegal fights and racing, and replacing it with my helmet.

I grabbed my money from the announcer, put my leather jacket back on, and took my motorcycle keys out of my pocketI headed out of the underground fighting place and got on to my Kawasaki Z1000, taking off my bandana that I use to cover my face dur...

Turning on the engine I quickly sped off to my house

The streets were pretty empty and quiet since it was midnight as I enjoyed the cold peaceful LA air hitting my face

After a few minutes, I reach my safe house which is in the middle of the woods. stopping at the closed black metal gates that need my fingerprint and a code to open, quickly opening the door I parked my bike in my garage and went Inside.
I put the money in the safe I have hidden in the back of the closet of my bedroom.

After putting the money In the safe I went to the bathroom and took a long steaming hot shower and changed into a purplish grey long sleeve crop top with light gray sweatpants, once I was ready I went to Pheonix's room and saw him sleeping peacefully on his bed I picked him up bridal style headed out of my home.

This time I decided to take my Bugatti Veyron, I buckled up nix in the back seat before getting into the driver's seat I started my baby up and headed back to my foster father's house.

We reached "home" in about 25 minutesI parked my car a few blocks away from Sam's house (foster father)Nix was now awake, I got out of my car and helped him out as well, his hand in mine as we both walked to the house side by side in comfortable s...

I parked my car a few blocks away from Sam's house (foster father)
Nix was now awake, I got out of my car and helped him out as well, his hand in mine as we both walked to the house side by side in comfortable silence. knowing what's gonna happen as soon as we enter my personal hell.

I get cut out of my thoughts as I feel someone shaking my hand. I look down to see nix trying to get my attention "Em, look!" Scrunching up my face in confusion I looked up and followed his hand to where it was pointed, abruptly stopping as I saw the house caught on fire.

A sadistic smirk made its way onto my lips, I think I know damn well who did it or the facktard just left a lit cigarette on the ground.

Yes, he's dumb as fuck.

I get snapped out of my thoughts once I hear the faint sirens of police cars and firefighters coming towards the house.

I knelt down to Pheonix's height still smirking "you ready for this, fratellino?" He looked at me with a big grin on his face as he answered "ready as I'll ever be" I quickly kissed his cheek and got rid of my smirk as he got rid of his grin and we both started fake crying.
(Little brother)

I see a police officer with light brown hair who looked like she was in her 30s, making her way towards us.
I started sobbing louder, falling on my knees to the ground as I hugged nix, he acted confused/in shock and had tears running down his cheeks since he was just a kid, and kids around his age would probably not know what's going on if they were in a situation like this.

We deserve a fucking Oscar!

"Hey sugar, don't worry I won't hurt you. Do you know who lives here?" She asked in a soft voice as she kneeled in front of us

Sugar?!
Don't gag. Don't gag. Don't gag.
"Ok, salt-"

"M-my d-d-dad, m-me, a-and my b-brother" I stuttered out innocently, nix hugged me harder as he started to shake.
"Oh, I'm so sorry sweetbuns. Do you have any other family?" She asked as she looked at us with pity.

I hate pity.

Also wtf is up with all these cringy ass nicknames-

I just shook my head no even tho I knew I did and I'm pretty sure nix has relatives too but we've never met them, plus, I'm not letting him go anywhere.

"Okay, we will take you guys to the police station and do a DNA test just to make sure."

I gulped but nodded in response.

Just send us to an orphanage or something- no need to be that extra.

The officer slowly 'helped' us off the floor and led us to the police car.
She started driving and we just sat in silence for a bit "oh sorry, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm officer Avery and I'll be helping you guys with your case" She says breaking the peaceful silence, I just gave her a small smile in return.

We got to the police station in about 10 minutes and went in, officer Avery calls one of the doctors over and he took some of our blood and strands of hair also swabbing the inside of our cheeks.
"The results will be in by tomorrow" the doctor said before leaving

I leaned back on the bench manspreading, nix's head on my laps as I played with his hair.

I knew what was coming, bc of the DNA test results they'll find my family and will contact the Romanos and I'd probably have to live with them if they chose to take me back.

I took a deep breath to keep calm.

Its fine, i'll just run away with nix as soon as I get the chance.

Now stop stressing so much or you'll get wrinkles on your face.

_______________________________________