Chapter 3

The memories of the last time I was here came back rushing to my mind as we pulled up on the driveway of the mansion

They kept glancing at me every few seconds on the plane and car ride.

Nix and I played 2 player car racing and shooting games while listening to music on my airpods the entire way.

I hadn't said a word to them the whole way.
I refuse to.
Why should I?
Why did they take me back when they kicked me out in the first place?
Why did they agree to take guardianship of Nix?
They could've just left me in the orphanage again.
They didn't have a problem doing it last time.

I know they did it to keep me 'safe' from the threats but the threats were towards Levi too, they didn't send him away- they could've taught me how to defend myself as they did him, instead of sending a 4 years old girl out in the horrible world all alone.

[A/N: if you're confused, yes I did change Javier's name cuz it didn't suit him. It was 'Javier Greyson Romano' before but now it's 'Levi Javier Romano']

I get out of the car making sure to keep my blank face on, I held Nix's hand as we walked towards the front door "FAMILY MEETING NOW" Sperm donor yells, causing Nix to flinch and me to suppress my own at the sudden shouting, I squeeze his hand reassuringly.
Fortunately, it goes unnoticed by everyone in the room.

Just because I never let Sam touch Nix, doesn't mean he didn't hear what was happening to me on the other side of the door.

I hear five pairs of feet rushing down the stairs and into the living room, where we were sitting.

I recognized all of them.
Antonio, Nathaniel, Giovanni, Damien, and Levi.

They all look at me and nix, confusion and shock visible on their faces.

"What is it, dad?" Damien asks his father, still looking at me

"You found her?" Giovanni questions as he glared at me
I rolled my eyes at him making him glare harder.
So what did I do you might ask? I glared back at him. I gave him my harshest glare and looked him up and down in disgust, barely refraining myself from gouging his eyes out.

He looked taken aback a bit, and so did the others but I ignored them all keeping my eyes on Giovanni.

Giovanni used to be my favorite brother, besides Levi ofc. He was the one who hurt me the most.
"Your the reason mom died"
"If you weren't born mom would've still been alive," Giovanni said that night.

It wasn't my fault. Right?
I mean I didn't ask to be born-
But she did die from giving birth to me
But she knew there was a chance she could lose her life doing so and she had me anyways.

He was right. If I wasn't born she would've still been alive. Levi would've had a mom growing up. It's all my fault. It's all my-

No, Aria. You're a bad bitch and you don't ever blame yourself for anything even when your wrong.
Mom's death was not your fault, so stop being a little bitch and act like the fucking queen you ar-

"Now that we're all here, we have something to talk about" sperm donor starts, interrupting my motivational speech to myself and making me and Giovanni break our staring contest

"Yes Gio I found her, theirs has been an incident so she will be living with us from now on. Principessa these are your brothers, everyone introduce yourselves. I'm your father Alessandro Romano, it's good to have you back Bambina"

First of all, ew. Don't call me a fucking princess.
Second of all, good to have me back? Weren't you the one who sent me away in the first place?