Chapter 2: Primordial Emergence

Kokabiel was a man known throughout the three realms as a entity of legend. A leader of the Fallen Angel Organization, Grigori. He was one of the very few Fallen Angels that survived the Great War long ago in ancient times. He prided himself on having fought and survived in battles against beings of legend such as the original Satan's and even the biblical God himself. He'd bore witness to many things and the strangest happenings in all the world.

It led to him developing a mindset that made him see all races were beneath his own, the Fallen Angels. Devils, Youkai, Human and even the likes of there former race the Angels. His pride did not allow him to think otherwise which led to why he was heavily opposed by both Azazel and Shemhazai the other two Grigori leaders about continuing the War so long ago. In order to rebuild their forces though Azazel and Shemhazai agreed the only way to recover was through a number of means: One, to mate with their race to repopulate the Fallen Angels or to his disgust mate with humans. Two, was search for particular humans out in the world, ones who could be sensed to be holding a Sacred Gear in them and should they prove to be potentially usable then they would be invited to the Grigori. And Kokabiel despised every second of that plan and each time a Human was brought into the Organization, he was livid about the entire thing. It's why when he found out about a particular target of interest that Azazel had been keeping tabs on he decided to check out what it was.

And he was enraged to find out that it was yet another disgusting mortal with possibly a incredibly powerful Sacred Gear buried deep within him. The sheer thought of another human joining the Grigori ranks, one that wielded power disgusted him beyond reason. It's why he had approached the ones Azazel charged with watching over the human and ordered them to either kill the boy or he would in turn kill them himself. He'd given them a deadline as to how long they had before he intervened, but his patience grew thin when he felt the boy was still alive after he clearly wanted the little maggot dead.

It's why he came earlier than expected leaving completely under the radar of both Azazel and Shemhazai and came to this cesspool that was a mortal dwelling and tracked the brat down himself. Disguising his presence was easy enough it would be no good to alert the devils of his presence until it was time. After all he had more important plans ahead of him and killing this human mortal would be quick and simple, right? That's how he thought it would be like as he hunted down the little rat only to come to find out one of the Fallen Angels, Raynare, was with the mortal. Yet...she wasn't killing him oh no she was being with the worm. He'd followed the two keeping tabs and saw that she had no intention of killing him.

Because the damn wench had clearly changed her mind, a change of heart if you will. It was clear to him, very clear in fact that Raynare had grown a soft spot for this mortal-no it wasn't that. Her eyes spoke of it very well. One of his own kin, a Fallen Angel had fallen for this mortal boy. The disgust that grew within him was as strong as the will to kill the bitch. Which is why he waited for the right moment to kill them both, a sort of mercy he proposed to kill both of them so they could die together.

Who said he wasn't the least bit merciful?

Or that's how he thought it would happen, kill Raynare and then kill the human worm. But, it seemed his plan had been undermined by one simple thing.

The human was still alive!

'No..' thought Kokabiel as he watched a few feet away, eyes glued on the mortal who was supposed to have died. This boy clearly was no longer human due to the fact of what was happening to him and yet his mind raced as to how or exactly why the boy was even present in a physical body. He'd put enough holy energy in that spear to vaporize the human body in seconds. So why was this boy still alive?!