Chapter 1: Shot Down

Fire rained in the night sky. A raid was raging all over Selmburg. Some of the raiders were Humans, a few were Gnomes, others Imps. Asuto Yuuki struggled to fight the enemy humans and fairies. 

He was the Vice Commander of the Knight of Blood Oath, a military built from men and women who swore by their blood that they would protect others. Asuto was an Undine, a water-type fairy. He turned to see his father and the Commander of the Knights of Blood Oath, Healthcliff. He struggles to fight his way to him.

"Father, sir!" he shouted.

"What have we got?" asked Healthcliff.

"Humans, Gnomes, Imps," said Asuto, "Kuradeel just saw a Salamander!"

A fire explosion occurred. Heathcliff barely lifted his shield, instantly and easily blocked the rubble. Salamanders were the main leaders during these troubled times. However, they aren't seen very much.

"Any Spriggans?" Heathcliff asked.

"No, there won't ever be since they're all gone!" said Kuradeel, who was next to Asuto.

Spriggans were black fairies of the night. Their powers focused more on delusions and illusions. They were also known to be fine treasure hunters. 

However, they were accused of being with the Laughing Coffins, the Murder Guild. A good bunch of their race joined them, leading everyone to assume that every last one of the foul creatures were with the sicotc people.

"Good." replied Heathcliff, "My division shall work on the tower defenses."

"Very good, father!" replied Asuto.

Once Heathcliff's division got to the tower, they began to use the catapults. Then, a Salamander crawled onto the tower. Most of them were enemies of the whole land. Their powers focused more on brute strength and fire.

"Reload..." Heathcliff shouted to his men.

He then turned to look at the fiery Salamander.

"...I'll take care of this..." he said with a smirk.

The Salamander then began to whack the enemy Salamander with his shield. He then went for a stab at Heathcliff with his spear, but the Commander's shield broke it with one strike. Then suddenly, everyone started to hear a very loud and powerful wind brush by. 

The Salamander immediately left, leaving Heathcliff confused; very few occasions lead him to that state. Everyone turned to the north. They could tell that it was not a Sylph, not any fairy they've seen. The older soldiers recognized that sound. They all had fear in their eyes. They're not all gone. was in all of their minds.

"Spriggan!" shouted one of the soldiers.

"Get down!" shouted another.

Suddenly, a black-themed fairy swooped down and an explosion occurred. The catapult was almost immediately and completely on fire. Asuto watched in fear as he saw it slowly consuming it. A few poor soldiers were devoured by its wrath.

"Jump!" shouted Heathcliff.

The men did as ordered, but a few more of them caught fire. Asuto turned towards the explosion. He then sees the black fairy swoop down again, it another strike, completely destroying the catapult. Asuto's eyes widened.

"Spriggan." he said to himself.

Asuto then pushed through the crowds. His division had suddenly slipped through his mind just about completely. He then ran towards the north.

"Vice Commander!" shouted Kuradeel, "Where're you going?!"

"I know!" Asuto called out, still running, "Be right back!"